Am 41 weeks pg with DC2 and this morning had a little weep over the kitchen sink in manner of 50's housewife (although no fresh bow in hair, just knots and no neatly pressed skirt, just saggy old tracksuit bottoms).
DS was the perfect home waterbirth at 39 weeks. 5 hours flat.
This one just doesn't seem to want to make an appearance.
Have a sweep tomorrow and know that induction will be discussed. I know I can hold out and be monitored etc but want to be mentally prepared for going down the induction road.
Have never been there before - can I use the pool if I have pessaries?
I will talk to midwife about it tomorrow and see what the protocol is locally re pool.
I know I can hold out - and having lost some plug I am hopeful that my body is gearing up to do it's thing. I know I have good reason to hold out too (very successful first labour/birth with DS) but I also know how much pressure they can bring to bear, and how emotional and exhausted I am feeling.
I was 'told' that a waterbirth was out of the question with my proposed induction.
Luckily dc2 came two days before my appointment, but, alas, she also arrived before the tub was filled.
Believe it or not, waterbirth with dc1 was . . . blissful.
In the future I will do everything in my power to avoid an induction. I didn't realise I had an option, which apparently I do.
I also know someone so fed up with the NHS system that she opted for a private mw so to feel more in charge of the process. Her husband ended up delivering her dc2 on the kitchen floor because there was no time for the mw to arrive.