Talk

Advanced search

Big pants - how big is big enough?

(13 Posts)
VerityClinch Tue 09-Jun-09 10:47:39

Am looking at an elective c-section due to placenta praevia and a transverse baby - so need to stock up on big cheap pants.

Is this the sort of thing I need?

BIG ENOUGH?

mags98 Tue 09-Jun-09 11:01:03

Yes they look about right! I bought several packs of something similar from Primark, £1.90 for 6 pairs. They aren't great quality but they are only needed for a few weeks then can be binned!

abear Tue 09-Jun-09 11:23:22

I think so - the important thing for me was that they fitted well above the scar which these do.

DeepGoat Tue 09-Jun-09 11:24:35

they look perfect. i wore mine long after i needed them as they were v. comforting and it was winter! good luck!

Chulita Tue 09-Jun-09 11:40:02

I got a pack of cheapies from Tesco's absolutely massive, came up and over my belly button and were very embarrassing but tbh they were the only thing I could wear. I had the M&S ones but my stomach was sore and the tingly numbness spread far more widely than just around the scar so I couldn't have anything touching. I still blush thinking of them even though only DH saw me in them...

MrsTittleMouse Tue 09-Jun-09 11:45:17

I had the exact same ones - in black of course. And in two sizes up from my pre-pregnancy size (partly for the squashy postnatal bump, partly so that they're a bit baggy). I still have them in my underwear drawer, but really must get rid of them. They are so comfy and the temptation is too great to get them out and wear them again. blushgrin

VerityClinch Tue 09-Jun-09 11:48:33

LOL at DeepGoat. This is the beginning of the end of my, er, romantic life, isn't it? wink

CherryChoc Tue 09-Jun-09 11:56:22

You know what - the absolute best pants ever after birth were some that I got from the hospital shop, they were the most grannyish knickers I'd ever seen grin - but because the elastic waistband was so wide it put barely any pressure on my tummy, so they were soo comfy. Picture here - I have also seen them since at a local market stall, and in a shop on the high street which sells frumpy looking bras/nighties/underwear.

I bought 2 sizes bigger than my usual size. HTH

ActivityApple Tue 09-Jun-09 15:58:36

Message withdrawn

suwoo Tue 09-Jun-09 16:04:36

Cherrychoc, I've seen those superglamorous knickers in our local cheap shop- I may invest in some myself for my forthcoming section. Last time around I bought knickers in an 18-20 and am normally a 12 grin. After a week or so, I graduated onto giant thongs as I couldn't bear that much fabric around my arse. I bought them 2 sizes up and they still came up to my belly button.

JetLi Tue 09-Jun-09 17:20:01

I've got the 6 pack of Primark cheapies - they are nice and big polo-neck knickers!! At £2-ish they worked out cheaper than the disposable ones too although I've got dispoable knicks as well and intend to wear pad/disp. pants and then big Primark pants over the top to hold everything in place.
The biggest ones I've ever seen were some Tesco Florence and Fred over-bump maternity pants - now they honestly look like a marquee when you take them out of the pack and would come all the way over even the biggest bump and finish just under your boobs. shock
Not sure though if for a post c-section undergarment if you'd want absolutely zero pressure on the tum and wound, or whether you'd feel better with something that offered a little support?

CherryChoc Tue 09-Jun-09 18:36:13

I quite liked the fact they came up to my bellybutton! I found they had enough room for maternity bricks pads as well. But I didn't wear them for that long - perhaps a week or two?

lazylion Thu 11-Jun-09 01:20:13

I thought I had the biggest, the ones from mothercare come about two inches above your bellybutton. I'll have to try the Tesco ones JetLi, the bigger the better after a section if you ask me. I'm usually a 12 too suwoo and I have size 20 this time.
Get black, they look less disgusting on the washing line / radiator.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now