Hi, I'm 33+2 today and have reached that "needing to hang out with others at same stage" point of pregnancy.
Anyone else due in July or thereabouts?
I'm hoping for a VBAC as I had emergency C Sec last time after 3.5 days in labour at home and head still not engaging after further 12 hours on Pitocin at hospital. Really suffered in the aftermath of shock section and was v. depressed for several months. Slowly things became ok though... Gorgeous DS is now 16 months and we've got just 6.5 weeks to go til due date so something must have worked itself out nicely!
I was sorry to hear about your previous awful birth story, i do hope this one is easier for you.
I am 34 + 5 and due on 15th July.
I too had an emcs after a long labour with a very large girl who was back-to-back and not able to come out. I recovered fine from it but am really hoping for a VBAC this time as i feel the recovery (hopefully) will be easier especially with a toddler around (DD is 2 and quarter).
My fear is that i am carrying a big baby apparently, the head and tummy circum was off the scale and i have been told to expect a 9-10lb one again - nice.
I have been doing all sorts of prep, oils, hypno sessions etc - how about you?
I'd love to hang out and share last weeks nerves .... i have lots! and i am aching all over from being so big!
Thanks Christiana....Am heading off to the Ante Natal link you gave in just a sec, very excited!
Yes, been doing the hypno cds and have an appointment with a hypnobirthing therapist on Friday for a 6 session series. Been having weekly acupuncture with my acupuncture doula and am feeling as prepared as can be I suppose. Guess it's time to start with the perineal massage? Anyone?
And yes, feeling really big and just this week feeling th change from pregnant to enormously pregnant and suddenly quite close to the end. Sleep is light and quite patchy now too.
Hhhhmmm re big baby Heeby, have you thoughta bout water birth?
Join our Ante Natal Club, I see christiana has provided the link.
I am 35 + 5
I have been in hospital twice in the last week for threatened pre-term labour. This is my 2nd baby.
First time wasn't good for me either, quite a quick birth but i was left alone a lot as no staff, I eneded up with a 3rd degree tear that almost left me with a colostomy bag. After MUCH decision making I have literally just decided to go with the elective section this time. It is booked for 2nd July or will be an emergency if I do go into labour early.
I've had 2 loads of steroids so if labour starts they won't stop it this time.
I hope that 2nd time round will be easier for you and you can have your VBAC!