Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

More advice needed please - fairly long, sorry

(23 Posts)
puddytats Tue 10-May-05 04:58:29

Morning

A brief history first. My waters broke a week ago last night, called the hospital and was visited by a midwife the following morning who said baby was fine and if nothing happened in 72ish hours then could expect some action. Later that afternoon I had a bleed so went to hospital who monitered for a bit and said was probably a show.

Since then have had another bleed and am leaking fluid, however the hopsital decided that my waters had not gone, it was just excess discharge, however they did ask me back Thursday and Saturday for further monitoring and said everything was fine.

I still maintained that my waters had gone, and I think just to shut me up they agreed to a Liqor (sp?) scan yesterday which proved my waters had gone and that I was on the lowest end of the scale. They did various blood tests, temp, etc and after 5 hours decided that the best course of action was to send me home and I was to go back in Wednesday for further monitoring. When I asked about the water loss they said it was not a concern as my waters would remake themselves to a certain extent.

I have now spent a sleepless night worrying that it is now over a week since they went and that baby will suffer in some way.

Am I worrying over nothing or can I insist on them inducing etc me now? Surely the stress I have felt and am still feeling is not good for the baby either?

puddytats Tue 10-May-05 07:42:29

.

lynny70 Tue 10-May-05 08:07:15

Message deleted

puddytats Tue 10-May-05 08:09:02

Sorry forgot to say 39+4 so as good as full term!!

I am so tired that worried I will not be able tocope with labour, also not fair on ds who is 18 months old and doesn't have a clue what is going on

hub2dee Tue 10-May-05 08:36:17

Way out of my depth here, but seem to remember 72 hours being the max for several hospitals / accepted best practice...

(Apologies if I've got this wrong, but I'd prefer to post and be corrected)...

I think you should definitely check with someone senior at your hossie that this timescale is OK...

lynny70 Tue 10-May-05 08:38:57

Message deleted

Evesmama Tue 10-May-05 08:42:20

oh my god! imshocked at the lengh of time they expect you to wait!
i was told when my waters broke, i would have to be induced by 72 hours because of risk of infection.
i would demand they admit you and induce you..i have never heard any of this before.

i really feel for you

lynny70 Tue 10-May-05 08:48:44

Message deleted

puddytats Tue 10-May-05 09:02:40

Thank you for your replies. My sister has just dropped ds back - she had him lst night as at hospital till late - and he has a stinking cold. Torn between not wanting to leave him and not wanting to risk catching the cold!

Will call the hospital and stamp my feet!

piffle Tue 10-May-05 09:02:54

I know that hind and forewaters are different so this could be why they are so laid back, but this close to the birth it seems astounding to leave you esp with any bleed.
Have they fully monitored the baby, is baby moving normally, if so this is a great sign I suspect.
But I would insist now that you get daily monitoring at the very least.
Good luck xxxxxxxxxxx

alicemama Tue 10-May-05 09:08:18

Hi,
I would def insist on being induced. When I had my dd my waters broke 3 days before I went into labour and I've since been told that you should really go no further than 48 hours without being induced.
Once I had delivered dd she had to have a course of antibiotics because of the risk of infection. Plus having a dry delivery can be harder than if the waters go during labour.

Stamp those feet!

puddytats Tue 10-May-05 09:30:20

Just called the hospital and they are going to review my notes and call me back. If I have not heard anything in the next 2 hours am going to call them back again.

Just have a horrible feling they are not going to be very co-operative

hub2dee Tue 10-May-05 10:28:47

If you feel unhappy with your answers, push to speak to a consultant or the Director of Midwives. I'd rather be a PITA, but make sure I got perfect advice and care, IYSWIM...

XX

puddytats Tue 10-May-05 10:38:00

They will not do anything until tomorrow. I am booked in for another Liqor scan and blood tests and they will go from there.

I am booked in for c-section Thursday morning if nothing has happened by then, they could not refuse as I have had a previous section and by their own admittance they are not keen on inducing.

Not completly the response I wanted but at least I have an end date now!

Just have to keep eating pineapple until then!

hub2dee Tue 10-May-05 16:26:03

I'm glad they are well aware of your situation.

bumping in case any midwives on here would like to comment.

puddytats Tue 10-May-05 18:05:33

Thank you! Hopefully tomorrow will be more fruitful and if not then at least we have Thursday to look forward to!

hub2dee Tue 10-May-05 21:57:53

.

KVG Wed 11-May-05 12:18:38

Message withdrawn

Distel Wed 11-May-05 12:24:12

fingers crosed x x x

hub2dee Thu 12-May-05 11:19:14

I hope no news is good news.

hub2dee Fri 13-May-05 12:36:29

.

charleepeters Fri 13-May-05 12:43:47

puddytats any news????????

hub2dee Sat 14-May-05 09:18:10

Phew... all ok with new baby announcement here .

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now