Talk

Advanced search

Third Babies

(7 Posts)
ThirdOnesACharm Sat 06-Jun-09 22:51:46

If your first two births were dire, what is the chance of a third one going well ? I would like to hear about good third births.

lockets Sat 06-Jun-09 22:55:23

Message withdrawn

dottyaboutstripes Sun 07-Jun-09 10:02:04

My third was SO easy and a lot quicker than the first two - I have had 6 babies and number 3 was the easiest and most enjoyable by far (first two were very painful and long-drawn out affairs)

Fingers crossed it'll be the same for you!

Loopymumsy Sun 07-Jun-09 22:23:37

Message withdrawn

l39 Mon 08-Jun-09 13:33:40

I don't know if I can say the first 2 labours were dire, as I didn't need any interventions (like forceps) and felt great straight afterwards. But they were certainly an awful lot more painful than my third (even though only the third was induced). I didn't cope well and in fact begged for death during the second blush but stayed calm for the third - whether that was the result of less pain, or staying calm helped me feel less pain in the first place I don't know.

frazzledoldbag Mon 08-Jun-09 13:41:30

My third was the best by far. First labour was good, 9 hours. Second labour a NIGHTMARE 16+ hours, epidural, threatened with emergency C/S. Third labour was 4 hours, only 1.5 hours in hosp in birthing pool (fabulous) with only a bit of gas and air. Lovely, lovely experience. Would do it all again - and believe me I was really worried about the labour before hand. I felt fab afterward, no tears or anything, baby BF immediately really well, (not like the other 2). Very positive experience. (and he isn't quite 3 wks old yet so it's still very fresh in my mind). Best of luck.
(oh and I listened to the hypnobirth cd's every night in bed on my ipod from about 34 wks - think it helped with relaxing through contractions and keeping control - maybe worth a go?)
Hope you have a good experience third time around too.

lockets Mon 08-Jun-09 13:43:34

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now