Talk

Advanced search

post natal debrief - bit long sorry - still in postnatal fog!

(4 Posts)
magnummum Mon 01-Jun-09 20:15:09

Would appreciate MNetters advice. 3 weeks ago gave birth to beautiful twins. Labour and delivery great - 2 1/2 hrs, no pain relief (too late to give me anything), babies and I absolutely fine. However, half an hour after being transferred to postnatal ward had post partum haemhorrage and ended up being carted off to theatre and given a general anaesthetic. This was after a registrar had tried to "manually evacuate" the clots without pain relief thinking I'd probably had an epidural to get the twins out and much arguing around me by staff as to whether or not to call a code blue, give me a general etc etc. Someone debriefed hubby while I was in recovery (having bad reaction coming round) and said I would have a debrief with a consultant in 6 weeks. Haven't heard anything yet and was wondering how to go about the process of chasing it up. Should I just phone the obs and gyn. department and ask and is it worth it anyway or should I conserve my energy for looking after twins and my toddler!?

LeninGrad Mon 01-Jun-09 20:37:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LeninGrad Mon 01-Jun-09 20:37:53

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lizzytee Wed 03-Jun-09 14:55:44

I would phone your consultant's secretary (go via the hospital switchboard if you don't have the number) and ask. But only when you are ready for it.

I say this as I had a 27 week prem baby and was offered a follow-up appointment when she was around three months old. She had only just come out of hospital and I just wasn't ready for it at that point and refused the appointment. Eight months later I was ready and had it then.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now