Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Very frustrated now!

(17 Posts)
puddytats Thu 05-May-05 06:53:46

Was woken up at 12.45 with a huge urge to go to the loo. They had painful contractions lasting between 5-6 mins for 4 hours and now everything has just stopped even got my sister over to look after DS!

Just want it all over with now!!

starshaker Thu 05-May-05 08:31:41

i was the same as u but it lasted on and off for 5 weeks in the end i was induced and labour only lasted 3 an half hours

logic Thu 05-May-05 09:03:27

I have being having contractions like that for 5 weeks including all of last night until dawn. Total sympathies. It's not fair!!!!!! Ah, that's better!

I am hoping for a quick delivery too starshaker!

lilsmum Thu 05-May-05 09:08:22

aaawww i have SO much sympathy for you!

i went 6 days over with dd, and was HUGE and very fed up, every week at my antenatal i would try my hardest to get them to induce me pmsl because i had had enough! i think what got me going eventually was a mega walking and shopping spree on the saturday, early hours sunday my waters went and contractions started immediately

puddytats Thu 05-May-05 09:24:54

I have a midwife visit today so will talk to her, know that shw will just tell me to be patient tho!!

DH works in Winchester - bout 50 miles from home so am paranoid it will all happen while he is up there!

Big sympathy to all who are in the same situation - ITS NOT FAIR!!!!

logic Thu 05-May-05 09:53:30

Puddytats, my dh is 30 miles away in the office today so I am worried too. It's bound to start when they are away isn't it?

puddytats Thu 05-May-05 09:59:47

I know!! Just have to keep our legs crossed until there arrive

logic Thu 05-May-05 10:53:44

I am going to ask to be induced when I see the Doc on Monday ( my due date). Had enough!

puddytats Thu 05-May-05 11:42:48

Unfortunatly there are not keen to induce me as had a previous section and can cause problems, am very tempted to ask for a sweep tho just to see if that will get things moving - although not due for another week, just get the impression she is ready to arrive but just needs a little encouragement!

mears Thu 05-May-05 11:49:34

puddytata and logis - please try to hang on in there. It is so much better for you and babi if labour starts when it is good and ready.

Puddytats - I would advise against a sweep just now considering you still have a week to go. The most likely result is it will cause frequent painful tightenings which will result in you going to hospital too early and then ending up with a load of intervention.
Where there is intervention the C/R risk is higher.

Try and relax and pamper yourselves with the time you have left. Get a facial, get your hairdone, get a foot massage. Anything that takes your mind off labour

Aragon Thu 05-May-05 11:52:54

Wise words from mears. She's absolutely right. Try to hang on in there if you can - hope it won't be much longer for either of you.

mears Thu 05-May-05 12:01:13

puddytats - was it decided your waters hadn't gone by the way?

puddytats Thu 05-May-05 12:04:23

They still can't decide/agree. I have to go back in saturday for further monitering if nothing has happened and I think the midwife is going to have another look(?) today. Apparently there is still enough fluid round the baby but can't tell if the frontal(?) fluids have gone1

puddytats Thu 05-May-05 12:05:49

Unfortunatly pampering with an 18 month old doesn't seem to be happening!!

What could have caused the pains to start and then stop last night?

logic Thu 05-May-05 12:11:43

I know you're right mears but I'm so exhausted. I'm getting 2 or 3 hours sleep a night and spending my days running after a boisterous 2 year old. Last time I went 10 days overdue and I'm dreading the same thing happening!

Luckily, my dh has today negotiated working from home until the baby arrives and I've got some relatives coming down today and tomorrow to help...

mears Thu 05-May-05 12:12:34

Prelabour pains are normal and a way of the body limbering up for labour. They may stop and start a few times over the next few days.

Can no-one babysit your 18 month old? Friends, relatives?

puddytats Thu 05-May-05 12:15:54

I have relyed on my sister so much over the last few months I am beginning to feel guilty everytime I call her!

DH only works 4 days a week but we always end up shopping/decorating etc and any good intentions of time on my own go out the window!! Must try and lose the 'must be with ds 24/7 feeling!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now