Talk

Advanced search

I was breech-so was my baby, coincidence??

(8 Posts)
mumfor1sttime Thu 21-Apr-05 14:54:56

Anyone else had a breech baby and was also breech themselves??Or have other strange stories?

zubb Thu 21-Apr-05 14:56:21

I was breech but neither of mine were - think it is a coincidence really.

wilbur Thu 21-Apr-05 15:16:36

Both my sister and I were breech and mum delivered us using Lamaze (thank god we were both quite small!) - sis feet first and me bum first. When I told my first midwife that mum had two breeches, she looked concerned and wrote it down and said it could sometimes run in families. Don't know if that was just her opinion or anecdotal or what. Anyway, ds was not breech but he was sort of transverse, head never engaged, v bad position and ended in emergency c-section. Dd much more organised and knew where she was going, head down from 20 weeks and stayed that way, thank god. Sis's dd not breech either. I often wonder if breeches have anything to do with height. Mum was nearly 6 ft and a couple of other tall friends have had breech babies and I wondered if the extra space meant babies float around more and are not held in optimum position by ribs and stomach muscles. Obviously, I could be talking cr*p here.

mumfor1sttime Thu 21-Apr-05 15:57:03

interesting point about height but me and mum are under 5ft 6, I just thought it was weird.My midwives said it doesnt run in families, but who knows-it must happen for a reason. I was told my babes head was engaged from 32 wks.

chipmonkey Thu 21-Apr-05 16:08:42

A friend of mine had 2 breech babies, surely more than coincidence? I was told when ds1 was breech that it was to to with the shape of your womb. Maybe womb shapes can run in families, something like nose shapes??

PsychoFlame Thu 21-Apr-05 16:10:21

My gran's (mum's mum) second child was breech....

My aunt's (mum's sister) second child was breech...

My mum's second child was breech...

I guess I'll find out with my next pregnancy if the cycle continues....

Flame

mumfor1sttime Thu 21-Apr-05 16:18:18

wow flame!! good background! you had better watch out! ah, never thought of shape of womb-thats food for thought!

vkone Fri 22-Apr-05 15:00:08

My son was undiagnosed breech and both DH and aunt (DH's sister) were breech. I was breech up until week 37, was turned ECV, turned back and then changed my mind and came head first!

Definitely can run in families IMO

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now