Talk

Advanced search

Bachs Rescue Remedy

(7 Posts)
titmouse Thu 12-Mar-09 14:00:03

... anybody know if it is safe in late pregnancy/labour? I just found mine in the bathroom and thought it might be helpful but I don't know if it contains anything that might be dangerous to the baby or during the birth.

thank you xx

Bucharest Thu 12-Mar-09 14:02:08

Yes it's fine.

dizzydixies Thu 12-Mar-09 14:03:07

yes absolutely fine

ceb80 Thu 12-Mar-09 14:10:29

Has minute amount of alcohol (brandy I think) as a preservative but is perfectly safe. As for helpfulness, no idea! grin

CherryChoc Thu 12-Mar-09 14:19:52

Yes it is. I put about 14 drops (I think - my mum did it and she dowsed to find the best dosage for me) into a bottle of water and sipped periodically. This site suggests 20 drops. I think this is the best way of taking it in labour as the brandy taste is strong and might make you sick otherwise. Also I didn't know when to take the 4 drops which would be the usual dose and when I could take more.

I had a lovely calm labour so I think it did help - but can't say whether it was that obviously!

Oh and it is useful for Dads too - don't forget your DP, and pack the Rescue Remedy in the labour bag He might find it better to take 4 drops if he is feeling particularly tense.

titmouse Thu 12-Mar-09 16:13:30

brilliant thanks for your help, Usually I would knock it back neat but I don't want to be puking if I can help it!
cherrychoc great advice about DH thanks, he might need it more than me

2Helenback Fri 13-Mar-09 08:53:41

Can you use the spray prior to an elective section or does it contavene the fasting thing? Would be most useful as I'm bricking it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now