Talk

Advanced search

Is my friend in labour?

(9 Posts)
Blondy303 Tue 10-Mar-09 01:03:07

Hi my friend is 2 days over her due date and has been having contractions about every 2o mins for four days now they are slowly getting worse is she in the early stage of labour?

MintChocAddict Tue 10-Mar-09 01:08:54

Possibly. Is the time between contractions getting any shorter? I had contractions for a good few days and they started to get more painful and shorter space between contractions just before my waters broke, but different for everyone.
Get her to phone hospital/unit if she's got any questions/concerns.
Good luck to your friend smile.

Blondy303 Tue 10-Mar-09 01:20:02

um it depends sometimes the time between them is only seven mins apart for half and hour but then go back to every 20 mins they are getting longer though but still only about 35 40 seconds long

Jaquelinehyde Tue 10-Mar-09 01:25:11

35-40 seconds is quite a long time so the length of contraction sounds about right just need to get the in-betweeny bit down to a regular interval now grin

It sounds very positive for your friend but all anyone can really do in these circumstances is wait and see. Tell her to get as much rest/sleep as she possibly can just incase.

Good luck to her, I'm so broody at the moment I actually feel jealous envy grin

Blondy303 Tue 10-Mar-09 01:30:27

same here i dont have kids and want one lol so would it be a good idea to go and stay with her now i'm here ride to hospital and birth partner

I was like that from monday and I had him on thursday. But the actual painful contractions to giving birth bit was only 11 hours so she might have a short actual labour when she finally gets there. Tell her to get some rest, she'll know when it's the real thing soon enough when they start getting much more regular and painful.

Go over and stay if you want, and if it would help to reassure her, but she might be there a while yet, bless her! Good luck x

Blondy303 Tue 10-Mar-09 01:51:32

ok thankyou i will go stay again even tho shes driving me mad lol let you no how it goes

Blondy303 Wed 11-Mar-09 05:53:49

Hi she still hasn't had baby yet and the contractions have slowed down so......? does that mean they were fake contractions or could she still be in labour?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now