Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

here we go again

(24 Posts)
starshaker Sat 16-Apr-05 18:36:31

well my wee niggles are a bit more painfull and can time them to about 7 mins but still not lasting very long just had a bath to see if it helped and it hasnt gonna wait till after my tea then phone labour suite and see what they say. prob another false alarm but hey ho never mind

starshaker Sat 16-Apr-05 18:44:21

ok starting to hurt a bit more and getting a sore 1 then a wee 1 then sore etc think ill give them a ring now

flashingnose Sat 16-Apr-05 18:45:41

Good luck!

Miaou Sat 16-Apr-05 18:52:27

best of luck starshaker - let's hope it's the real thing!

starshaker Sat 16-Apr-05 19:05:51

well phoned the hosp thats me waiting to go up had a really sore 1 there hope its real thing now finger crossed

Twiglett Sat 16-Apr-05 19:07:43

ooo good luck starshaker

how exciting

leander Sat 16-Apr-05 19:16:25

goodluck starshaker cant wait to hear your good news xxx

starshaker Sun 17-Apr-05 13:29:47

well went up to hosp when contractions were 7 mins apart and quite painfull was there and monitored till 1am the contractions still coming 7 mins apart but getting stronger and more painfull they then sent me home.

i now have no idea when im ment to go in (was told when they every 10 mins) still getting them about 7 mins apart. am starting to worry that im gonna leave it too late next time and bumps will be born in house or on way to hosp

lou33 Sun 17-Apr-05 13:32:57

starshaker, go in when you feel you need to, when you think you need some help so to speak. I would say about 5 mins apart would be a good time. Good luck!

NomDePlume Sun 17-Apr-05 13:33:57

Exciting !!!

starshaker Sun 17-Apr-05 13:37:21

i know the main prob is we live so far from the hosp it takes about an hour to get there and im the only 1 who drives so it will be about an hour for the ambulance to come get us and a lot can happen in 2 hours im just scared something happens and i cant do anything about it

Gobbledigook Sun 17-Apr-05 13:43:30

OMG - excitement, labour on line!!

Are they really regular? Is it baby number 1?

Keep us posted.

Ooh, this brightens up a boring afternoon working!

starshaker Sun 17-Apr-05 13:44:46

yeah first baby they every 7 mins and quite sore they not getting closer but the are getting stronger and longer

Lonelymum Sun 17-Apr-05 13:45:05

I can understand your concerns Starshaker. I was 30 mins from the hospital with my last baby and, because he was my fourth, I thought he might come quickly and was paranoid about giving birth en route. In the end, all was well. An ambulance could get to you much quicker than you could drive to hospital though.

Does the hosptial realise you are so far away? You would think they would let you stay given the distance you have to travel to get there.

Gobbledigook Sun 17-Apr-05 13:46:15

Hmmm, might take a while if 1st one - keep timing and when they get to 5 mins like Lou says, I'd go in.

Can you go and have a soak in the bath to try and relax a bit?

If it was me I'd be walking about to try and speed it up but I know the advice is usually to rest!

lou33 Sun 17-Apr-05 13:47:43

when i was pg the midwives used to say, if the woman called up once wondering what to do, they would reassure her and ask her to monitor the situation, if she called back again quite soon and equally concerned then they told her to come in, as if she as worried enough to keep calling it would be better to have her there

starshaker Sun 17-Apr-05 13:49:13

gonna go have a bath did manage to get a bit of sleep last night but kept waking up with the pain feel more rested though just gonna go have a bath. does any1 know if castor oil does actually speed things along

Aimsmum Sun 17-Apr-05 13:54:04

Message withdrawn

Gobbledigook Sun 17-Apr-05 13:56:58

Don't do anything SS - just have a bath and then the only thing I'd do at this stage if you want to move things along is have a wander round the lounge! Moving about also eases the pain a bit as does leaning over the back of the sofa, or being on all fours. I found anyway. When they are 5 mins apart ring and go in and the best advice I can give you for when you get there is, if they are available, get a birthing ball and sit on it and bounce - I tell you, it's amazing and really, really helps.

Good luck!

starshaker Sun 17-Apr-05 13:57:46

its irvine central live a bit away from ayr thats why it takes so long to get to irvine

starshaker Sun 17-Apr-05 19:41:59

trying to get some rest so that if anything happens i have some energy

mcmum Sun 17-Apr-05 20:05:44

good luck starshaker ! thinking of you, try not to worry too much I found that walking around alot helped me to dilate and cope with the pains better! luv mcmum xx

starshaker Tue 19-Apr-05 13:29:44

had my appointment with the consultant today and it looks like they now know why i keep having pain and nothing is happening. they think that bumps is trying to move down but isnt managing i get contractions and then she gets tired and basically gives up. they were gonna take me in to try and induce me tonight but the hosp is 2 busy so booked in for thursday to be started on friday. they also say there is a high chance ill need a section if what they think is right.

Lonelymum Tue 19-Apr-05 13:33:38

Tough luck on the C-section part of things but I am sure you just want the baby out now. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: