Talk

Advanced search

baby's heart rate during contractions

(7 Posts)
kid Sat 16-Apr-05 10:49:50

When I had DD 6 years ago, I remember being in labour for what felt like a long time. I was monitored constantly. DD's heart rate kept dipping with contractions, but then came back up slowly. At some point, they were worried so took 2 samples of blood from her scalp. I was told what the level should be (not that I remember it now), the first reading was below and the 2nd one was at the minimum level. I was then left for another 2 hours before they did a section. I just wanted to know how serious DD's condition was I suppose. Not that it makes much difference now, just that I'd like to know incase (and thats a big incase!) I was ever in the same situation again.

starshaker Sat 16-Apr-05 10:51:42

will be interested to see what u get from this as will be going through labour soon myself

kid Sat 16-Apr-05 10:52:44

no sign for you yet then starshaker? I know you were due yesterday.

starshaker Sat 16-Apr-05 11:03:48

not really gettin lots of pokey feelings down there but not much happening wish it would hurry up

ionesmum Sat 16-Apr-05 11:57:11

kid, can't really answer your question but know when dd1's levels became low they had 10 mins to get her out. They wouldn't even let me read the consent form, just told me to sign and then knocked me out. Luckily she is fine but she is really very lucky.

I was two weeks late and was induced, and I'm convinced it was all the drugs plus the length of time they were trying to get my labour going (48hrs) that caused the problem.

kid Sat 16-Apr-05 14:18:20

My labour was also induced, my waters had broken but contractions hadn't started after 24hours. My body reacted badly to the drip though as I had one long contraction that lasted for 10 minutes then when they stopped the drip, the contractions practically stopped.

ionesmum Sat 16-Apr-05 20:50:24

You can ask not to be induced this time if you go overdue but haven't started labour naturally. I had a planned section with dd2 (she was also breech and back-to-back, so had to anyway) which was lovely, but had I gone for a VBAC I would never have let them induce me again and would have insited on a section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now