Talk

Advanced search

Which Hypnotherapy for Birth CD?

(7 Posts)
Momino Sun 15-Feb-09 15:09:29

Hi all. I'm 29 weeks and would I'd like to try hypnotherapy for my next labour (dc3) since the birth of my last dd2 was horrible. I've noticed a few different authors - which one is most recommended?

Many thanks.

ceb80 Sun 15-Feb-09 19:57:34

I'm using the Marie Mongon one as it comes with the classes that I'm doing but have no experience of the others around. hope you find one that suits and you get the birth you want for dc3 smile

Momino Sun 15-Feb-09 20:10:44

thanks Ceb80. would love to take the classes but can't. In any case, I've the MOngon ones are good.

Hope your birth is wonderful as well and best wishes.

ceb80 Sun 15-Feb-09 21:27:07

Thanks, only 10 weeks to go!
As far as I know the Mongon Method was the original course and the others were derived from there so prob is as good a start as any but would imagine that they are all fairly similar.

frisbeebabe Mon 02-Mar-09 22:53:52

Hi Momino
Mindful Mamma do a cd - with a number of tracks on it. They also do a class to accompany it if you're anywhere near the Midlands.

childrenchildreneverywhere Tue 03-Mar-09 14:01:33

If you buy the older version of the Marie Mongan HypnoBirthing book (orangey cover, picture of a baby) it comes with a free CD all for around £10!

freemama Thu 12-Mar-09 03:13:19

I had a smooth and amazing first birth at home nearly 7 months ago.
I was listening to a MP3 downloaded from blissful birth.co.uk when i was about 32 weeks pregnant.
During the birth i was totally focus on my breathing. I also try to relax my muscles when i was aware that they were tensing as i wanted to minimise any stress that could affecting myself and my baby.
At no point was i thinking about the affirmations at all! I do believe that all my evenings spent listening to the affirmations and hypnobirth techniques has helped immensely to relax and have confidence with my mind and body. The most important thing is to eradicate the fear factor. Even if there is complication during birth it won't help if we anticipate the negative consequence. Go with the flow and trust that everything will be alright.. somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now