Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

still sore 6 weeks after birth

(5 Posts)
kazbeth Sat 14-Feb-09 17:21:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

inthenarkynonk Sat 14-Feb-09 17:34:31

yes it all sounds very normal have you had your 6 week check?. Have some lavender baths and don`t expect to be "right" for a while its early days. Stiches always take longer to recover from.

nuttygirl Sat 14-Feb-09 17:40:47

I had a second degree tear (though refused the stitches). At 6 weeks it was still sore and I got the gp to check it at my postnatal check. He said the very top of the tear still hadn't healed but the tear was healing and to give it a little longer. It was fine a couple of weeks after that.

littleboyblue Sat 14-Feb-09 17:44:28

I had 2nd degree tear with ds1 and was still a bit sore for quite a while after. It was a bit longer than 6 weeks, I remember because I bled for just over 5 weeks, had 1 day blood free and had my first period and was still a bit achy for a long while after that, mostly if I was standing up holding the baby, I could feel a pressure on the stitch site, but it did get better.

kazbeth Sun 15-Feb-09 15:05:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: