Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

12 days after C section have started bleeding again. Is this normal?

(10 Posts)
EightiesChick Wed 21-Jan-09 18:53:38

My HV comes tomorrow so can ask but I thought I would ask here in the meantime. I stopped bleeding originally about 6 days after having my DS but today have passed some blood again, darker (more brownish) than previously. Is it normal for bleeding to restart when it's completely stopped like this?

SweetEm Wed 21-Jan-09 19:52:30

I don't know if bleeding can stop and restart after a c/s, but with both mine I bled for about 7 weeks (very light after first week). So am surprised if it stopped completely after only 6 days.

AngeG Wed 21-Jan-09 19:57:46

Yes I think it is normal, same happened to me after my two sections. HV said it was because I had started to do more.

NewAppallingBeginning Wed 21-Jan-09 19:59:03

Yes. It is probaly because you have done to much. I had this but later on than you.

WhatSheSaid Wed 21-Jan-09 20:01:38

Yes, you can start bleeding again, espec if you've been doing a bit much. 12 days isn't long - mine went on for nearly 10 weeks!

MrsMattie Wed 21-Jan-09 20:41:02

Probably fine. I bled on and off for 6 weeks. Kept thinking it had stopped and then it would start again.

EightiesChick Wed 21-Jan-09 22:36:19

Thanks all. It would fit in with starting to do more. I have always had light periods too so don't know whether that would be mirrored in having relatively light bleeding after birth too. Thanks for the reassurance.

SparklyGothKat Wed 21-Jan-09 22:50:20

I bled for weeks after my C/S was about 8 weeks IIRC, especially when I did too much

OatcakeCravings Thu 22-Jan-09 09:18:27

God - only 6 days of bleeding! I bled for about 8 weeks and then got my period!

Lotster Thu 22-Jan-09 17:23:54

I found I stopped, then started again the first time I walked in a hurry somewhere. Not great as it was for a massage!

With regards to following any period pattern, this won't be the case, the lochia blood isn't the shedding of your womb lining (I thought this, like a 9 month period). It's the "ooze" from where the placenta comes away from the wall of your uterus, healing up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now