loader

Talk

Advanced search

Home Birth? Doula hospital birth?

(7 Posts)
Happysecret2 Tue 29-Mar-05 17:42:13

A bit of background
Labour1 Long painfull epidural etc etc
Labour2 I was determined not to have an epi but after I stop progressing at 9 1/2cm they made me push and nothing happened so they recommended an epi 'to see what happened' The baby wasn't born for another 10.5hrs and she was delivered by ventouse ?sp in theatre the consultant told me he would give it one go only because I had been left far to long.
Labour3 3.5hrs start to finish but I was terrified of repeat 2

After L2 they wouldn't consider a home birth (I didn't really want one) But what about this time?

Any advice welcome

Merlin Tue 29-Mar-05 17:47:14

Different circumstances Happysecret, but am having a doula in hospital for no2 (less than 2 weeks to go). reasons are, DS was footling breech, waters broke at 37 weeks, no contractions, just straight in for em c/s. This time didn't want the long recovery from section but am terrified of the labour! So, having got some good advice and info from Pupuce on here I researched and found a lovely doula close to me. We get on really well and she seems to have a very calming way about her which obviously I'm hoping will wear off on me. I think just the fact that with both her and Dh with me I will never be left on my own (in a v busy hospital) which is one of my biggest fears!

pupuce Tue 29-Mar-05 17:49:50

I think all your options are open,....
So this is your 4th and they have all been vaginal birth - the 3rd being quick and straight forward - do I understand correctly?

Merlin- glad you like your doula !

Merlin Tue 29-Mar-05 17:53:28

Sorry to hijack - but yes Pupuce she is great, meeting her again tomorrow, so hopefully she can calm me down again - starting to feel a bit panicky and scared of the unknown!!!

Happysecret2 Tue 29-Mar-05 17:54:25

Yes all 3 vaginal births only no2 with ventouse sp?
I like the idea of staying at home I could have coped with only G&A with no3
What are the chances of the 4th being like no3 or no2?

Happysecret2 Tue 29-Mar-05 18:01:12

Do you know how I find out if there is a birth centre near here?

pupuce Tue 29-Mar-05 19:20:13

Impossible to say - 4th can be a total surprise.... either slow or quick !
Ask your MW about any local birthing center... or tell us which county/town you're in... maybe someone will know one local to you ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now