Talk

Advanced search

Homeopathy to nduce labour!

(7 Posts)
helsywebb Tue 30-Dec-08 10:28:33

Hi, im 40 + 5 and trying to avoid an induction of labour, next week! My midwife recommended I take Caulophyllum homeopathic tablets, but she didnt tell me how many or how often? Has anyone used these, and what dosage and how often did you take them

Your help is mych appreciated

rolereversal Tue 30-Dec-08 10:31:40

you need to talk to a homeopath, I used something like this to induce my last labour and it worked a treat, but my friend is qualified so she treated me. not sure how much she gave me but she had to up the dose as labour started first time, and then tailed off. there might be something on internet??

sorry cant be of more help, but definately worth trying, good luck smile

helsywebb Tue 30-Dec-08 10:34:29

thanks for your speedy response! I have googled and googled, and just cant find any info on dosages! Ill try and find a local homeopath. Thanks

Leanne5 Tue 30-Dec-08 15:00:07

Nipple stimulation also works a treat.

childrenchildreneverywhere Thu 01-Jan-09 15:32:04

I'm a homeopath, I can categorically state that you cannot induce your labour homeopathically - sorry!

If you have a very long pre-labour it is possible to halt the niggles or to tip them over into "real" labour homeopathically (and caulophyllum is just one of many remedies that might help here) - similarly we could help with emotions or baby's positioning holding things back, but if your body and your baby aren't ready for natural labour to begin (i.e: your pregnancy isn't finished/ your baby still wants to cook more!)homeopathy will do absolutely nothing.

It is still very early days at 40+5. "normal" pregnancy is 37-42 wks, so technically you aren't even "overdue" for another 9days! you are still well within the realms of "normality". The best thing you can do now is to relax, relax, relax!!!

Good luck!

purplemyrtle Thu 01-Jan-09 20:18:51

How about acupuncture?

parachutes Thu 01-Jan-09 20:26:21

There's a service called the Homeopathic Helpline that charges per phonecall but has been v useful for us in the past.
Their number is 09065 34 34 04 and I know I found it by googling it so you should be able to check the cost.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now