Talk

Advanced search

Maybe I am being dim, but surely it would be very dangerous to combine tens and water birth

(8 Posts)
Reallytired Sat 27-Dec-08 17:26:03

I have been looking at the cost of hiring a birthing pool and I saw this link.

gentlewater birthing pool

It costs £200 to hire the pool for five weeks and the fee includes a free tens machine. I have no idea if you have to return the tens machine.

It does seem a bit silly to hire both a tens machine and birthing pool. Or am I missing something.

curlywurlycremeegg Sat 27-Dec-08 17:27:36

I think the TENS is intended for use prior to getting in the pool TBH. You are right, TENS and water don't mix!

The £200 is a great offer price though.

EffiePerine Sat 27-Dec-08 17:28:26

You don't have to use them both at once grin

kazbeth Sat 27-Dec-08 17:29:22

Well it'll probably mean you wouldn't feel the labour pains!

Hopefully they just expect you to use it in the build up before you get in the pool lol

SnowOfHands Sat 27-Dec-08 17:30:03

Genuinely am lol.

Yes, you use them separately.

NAB3hundredChristmaslights Sat 27-Dec-08 17:31:13

Of course you can't use them together! Just as baby duvets and cot bumpers are often sold together but shouldn't be used together.

Use the TENS first and then once the endorphins have kicked in and you are getting the benefit you can take it off when you want and get in the water. If you do plan to do that, keep the TENS on for at least 45 minutes first.

treedelivery Sat 27-Dec-08 19:44:17

It probably because ideally we shouldn't get in the pool prior to 4-5 cms. Guess the TENS is to help you get there.

LadyOfWaffle Sat 27-Dec-08 19:58:47

Use Tens to start smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now