Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

pressure!

(15 Posts)
Gem1355 Thu 24-Mar-05 19:46:56

Hi

Been having it all day but since been shopping got worse, and everytime baby moves it's almost as if he is pushing his head right down there, but not having any BH or anything. Its really uncomfortable, i know baby is fully engaged so has no where else to go, Could it be the starting of something or what could you suggest to try and get comfortable?

juicychops Thu 24-Mar-05 19:52:21

I had that near the end. One evening i was shopping in ASDA and suddenly i felt pressure and a slight uncomfortable tightening like he was trying to push outwards but really low down. I then started to get it every 20 mins or so. THe next day i called the hospital and they called me in. It turned out it was false contractions(Braxton Hicks). I thought 'great something will happen soon' but i had them for 4 weeks before my son was born. They never went away... just got more often. U will know when its the real thing!

Gem1355 Thu 24-Mar-05 19:53:42

It feels like he want to push both his hands through, and feels werid as he has got hiccups at the mo. I was shopping in ASDA to!

juicychops Thu 24-Mar-05 20:25:13

Thats weird both in the same place!! is this your first baby? How many weeks are ya? This is my first baby i have just had

dinny Thu 24-Mar-05 20:26:48

I had that, Gem. Could literaly feel ds turning his head on my cervix. Slightly uncomfy

Gem1355 Thu 24-Mar-05 21:28:39

Hi Juicychops, yeah this is my first baby and i'm 38+4 weeks pg. Its a really weird feeling, if it is the beggining of something i wish i had contractions or something with it!!!

Gem1355 Thu 24-Mar-05 21:29:34

Dinny how many weeks were you? and how long was it b4 you went into labour?

dinny Fri 25-Mar-05 06:34:13

um, about 36, 37 weeks. went into labour at 40 plus one day. good luck!

dinny Fri 25-Mar-05 06:34:13

um, about 36, 37 weeks. went into labour at 40 plus one day. good luck!

Gem1355 Fri 25-Mar-05 10:54:52

Had loads of quite painful BH last nite, but gone now, he's started his daly wriggling around so can really feel the pressure again. My dad's quite excited about being a grandad so is going to make me a cooked breakfast and get me walking everywhere today to see if that helps! coz that is what he done with my mum when Pg with me and i was a week early!

emmatmg Fri 25-Mar-05 11:04:55

Have you been eating loads of pineapple and raspberry leaf tea, Gem.

Can't say the tea stuff worked for me as it tasted so disgusting I gave up afterthe first cup.

Again not sure if the pineapple does much but at least it tastes good. I also ate loads of grapes which helped to... err....ahem.... clear me out before labour.

Gem1355 Fri 25-Mar-05 11:10:15

Yeah I've got the Tea capsules, and eating so much fruit i'm going to turn into one i think!

Go the period type ache with the pressure as well, i wish he would give me something to say i'm on my way!!!!!

Gobbledigook Fri 25-Mar-05 11:26:07

Pineapple doesn't work either - I hate a whole one to myself 2 nights running and it did nothing!

I remember that pressure too. Actually I used to get pain - I'd be walking along and I'd get this crippling shooting pain down my cervix which apparently also the baby's head 'bouncing' on it. Nice.

Oh and I had that for weeks before he made an appearance!

emmatmg Fri 25-Mar-05 12:08:08

So did I GDK.

Ate so many pinapples that it made my mouth sore.

Gem1355 Fri 25-Mar-05 13:17:52

Well have walked around Waterlooville shopping centre, and had a large cooked breakfast so hopefully that helps abit, also GDK i have the shooting pain going down my leg every now and then!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: