Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is this a show???

(13 Posts)
bonym Sun 20-Mar-05 06:01:39

I'm 39 weeks pg and have been up for an hour as I had low backache and period-type pains. I think I have just had a show but am not sure as I didn't have one with dd1. I thought a show was supposed to be like a thick mucus plug but this was more watery although definitely blood-tinged. Backache has eased now but should I start preparing for labour?

whimsy Sun 20-Mar-05 06:56:28

Im not sure as I had ds early by c section, just wanted to send my best wishes if it is

SeaShells Sun 20-Mar-05 07:27:16

I had similar on the sunday and then contractions started, like dull pains at first, on and off then I finally had dd on the tuesday night. So get some rest and eat well because you never know, good luck

Twiglett Sun 20-Mar-05 07:30:02

I've never had one but always heard they were 'jelly-like'

does sound like you might be in early labour though .. good luck

at 39 weeks I think the 'should I start preparing for labour?' question is fairly obvious.. of course you should .. good luck

franke Sun 20-Mar-05 07:30:26

When I had a show it was a like pink jelly so it doesn't sound like that. But I've only had one show, so I don't know how/if they can vary. Hopefully someone will be along who really knows what they're talking about soon Good luck

franke Sun 20-Mar-05 07:32:32

(I didn't mean that whimsy, Seashells and Twiglett don't know what they're talking about I'll shut up now)

Twiglett Sun 20-Mar-05 07:35:28

I don't know what I'm talking about though

bonym Sun 20-Mar-05 07:49:29

Waters have now gone so I guess it must have been!

bathmummy Sun 20-Mar-05 07:53:32

good luck, sounds like things are moving along. xxxx

misdee Sun 20-Mar-05 07:56:53

yay!!

good luck bonym!!

tiny01 Sun 20-Mar-05 08:02:33

oh lucky you, that exciting good luck to you? I was induced with ds and will probabably have elective on the 29th if nothing happens. I always felt I was done out of the "honey I think I am in labour" statement. So I will be thinking of you hope it goes well.

SeaShells Sun 20-Mar-05 08:03:25

Best of luck bonym, will be thinking of you

Pidge Mon 21-Mar-05 11:22:41

Good luck boneym .... you'll be joining us so soon with your March baby ... can't wait to hear your news.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now