Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone see todays Guardian G2 article on NHS deliveries?

(6 Posts)
bubble99 Fri 18-Mar-05 17:07:58

Damning indeed and obviously a subject close to the Bubble family's heart at the moment.

dinosaur Fri 18-Mar-05 17:19:23

Bubble - yes - many of us were thinking of you yesterday when we read Ulrike's story.

uwila Fri 18-Mar-05 17:21:48

Hi Bubble,
How are you? And how's Elijah?

bubble99 Fri 18-Mar-05 17:38:03

We're all doing okay thanks. Next week is going to be tough, Bo's cremation is on Monday and we're going to scatter his ashes on Tuesday.
I've spent a lot of this afternoon on the 'phone to Cristoph, the father of Jacob,the baby involved. Their story was featured in last night's 'London Evening Standard' and it said that he was a journalist with a Munich paper. I contacted him via his newspaper and we spoke today. I wanted to find out what his experience of the enquiry into his son's botched birth was like and what Mr Bubble and I could expect. It was an emotional conversation for both of us but ultimately very useful as we now have some idea of what to expect. He had actually heard of our case. He is a journalist and has been researching NHS care during delivery, he has a few 'contacts' within the obstetric mob and they had told him about the complete disaster that was Elijah's birth and Bo's death. Small world eh?

WideWebWitch Fri 18-Mar-05 17:42:50

Bubble99, thinking of you and wishing you strength to deal with next week.

Anyone who wants to read the article it's here

bubble99 Sat 19-Mar-05 21:39:23

Sorry, just found the "In the news" forum. Definately more appropriate to post on this subject there. Apologies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now