Talk

Advanced search

How long to fill a Splashdown oval birthing pool?

(7 Posts)
bonym Tue 15-Mar-05 13:34:52

We're planning on using 2 hoses (one hot, one cold) to speed things up but would like a rough idea of how long it might take if anyone can help? Also - do all the bits have to be sterilised immediately before filling the pool, or can they be done in advance? Thanks.

bonym Tue 15-Mar-05 20:20:39

bump

SueW Tue 15-Mar-05 21:33:52

Bonym why don't you contact Splashdown and ask them? It will depend of course on your water supply but I think 2-4 hours is what is normally quoted by other ocmpanies.

motherinferior Tue 15-Mar-05 21:43:12

I think it took rather a long time - a few hours.

pupuce Tue 15-Mar-05 21:44:45

You don't need to sterilise anything!
It takes about 2 hours... you would need to try it though.
Do you have unlimited supply of hot water?

bonym Wed 16-Mar-05 09:24:57

pupuce - is this right? The instructions say to sterilise all equipment that will touch the water - ie. inner liner, hosepipe, thermometer etc. with Chemisan Plus (which they have provided). I have visions of myself wiping everything madly with a clothh in between early contractions! If you reckon this is unnecessary then I won't bother! We have a combi boiler so hot water is not a problem. Sue - I know, I could contact Splashdown but their local agent is a bit vague on stuff and tbh I was just being a bit lazy...mnetters seem to have the answers to everything

pupuce Wed 16-Mar-05 21:11:00

Well you should have your own personal liner - that is new.
You could sterilise everything "now" and you don't need to do it again.
Believe me they do NOT sterilise everything at the hospital.... I know I have cleaned the pool!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now