Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

How long to fill a Splashdown oval birthing pool?

(7 Posts)
bonym Tue 15-Mar-05 13:34:52

We're planning on using 2 hoses (one hot, one cold) to speed things up but would like a rough idea of how long it might take if anyone can help? Also - do all the bits have to be sterilised immediately before filling the pool, or can they be done in advance? Thanks.

bonym Tue 15-Mar-05 20:20:39

bump

SueW Tue 15-Mar-05 21:33:52

Bonym why don't you contact Splashdown and ask them? It will depend of course on your water supply but I think 2-4 hours is what is normally quoted by other ocmpanies.

motherinferior Tue 15-Mar-05 21:43:12

I think it took rather a long time - a few hours.

pupuce Tue 15-Mar-05 21:44:45

You don't need to sterilise anything!
It takes about 2 hours... you would need to try it though.
Do you have unlimited supply of hot water?

bonym Wed 16-Mar-05 09:24:57

pupuce - is this right? The instructions say to sterilise all equipment that will touch the water - ie. inner liner, hosepipe, thermometer etc. with Chemisan Plus (which they have provided). I have visions of myself wiping everything madly with a clothh in between early contractions! If you reckon this is unnecessary then I won't bother! We have a combi boiler so hot water is not a problem. Sue - I know, I could contact Splashdown but their local agent is a bit vague on stuff and tbh I was just being a bit lazy...mnetters seem to have the answers to everything

pupuce Wed 16-Mar-05 21:11:00

Well you should have your own personal liner - that is new.
You could sterilise everything "now" and you don't need to do it again.
Believe me they do NOT sterilise everything at the hospital.... I know I have cleaned the pool!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: