Talk

Advanced search

swollen feet and ankles AFTER childbirth?

(7 Posts)
nuclear Fri 31-Oct-08 15:20:00

DS2 5 days old and i have quite swollen feet and ankles.

I did not suffer from this before he was born.

I had a normal delivery with just G&A is it anything to worry about?

NatalieJaneIsPregnantAgain Fri 31-Oct-08 15:23:36

I had it after DS1, no swelling whatsoever during the pregnancy, as you say normal birth etc., no one seemed bothered by it.

I'm sure it's fine, but just mention it tomorrow when the MW comes.

Congrats on your DS2

CatIsSleepy Fri 31-Oct-08 15:25:24

my ankles and feet were a bit swollen before the birth, but got a LOT more so during and afterwards
it lasted a few days...but I sweated it out at night mainly (nice grin) and it soon got back to normal
it was a relief to see my ankle bones again I can tell you!
i don'[t think it's anything to worry about...

MrsBish Fri 31-Oct-08 15:51:14

not anything to worry about. my ankles were both very very swollen after both babies.

midwife said it was my body getting rid of all the excess water post birth. just drink loads of water and it'll flush out after a few days.

CalE Fri 31-Oct-08 15:57:14

Yes, agree with Mrs Bish, my MW said the same. Yours should keep an eye on it, but it'll soon calm down. I found it a bit freaky and uncomfortable. The only other time i had experienced swelling like it was after a long-haul flight to New Zealand! Don't worry, and congratulations!x

nuclear Fri 31-Oct-08 17:41:55

thanks everyone, smile

Wisknit Fri 31-Oct-08 18:09:59

Perfectly normal. If you got rid of all the flid immediately it could pass as toxins into your milk. So your body does it gradually to help the baby.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now