Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

mum was induced with all 3 kids, is this likely to be the case with me?

(5 Posts)
liznay Wed 29-Oct-08 21:39:28

I've just found out from my mum that she had to be induced with all of us. Her labour with me started with a drip (i guess of syntocin)and her waters were broken and I was born just 5 hours later (this was 30 odd years ago). My brothers were born in a similar fashion. We were all between 7-10 days late.

Does it follow that I'm likely to 'cook' my baby for longer and If I have to be induced would this be planned so that I could have the epidural at the same time?

Does anyone have any experience of this?

Thanks for your help smile

dinny Wed 29-Oct-08 21:41:25

my pregnancies and labours were nothing like my mum's - except a baby came out at the end!

LynetteScavo Wed 29-Oct-08 21:43:30

I heard the length of the pregnancy is more to do with the father. So if your DP/DH has had DC's with anyone else and they were overdue, then you are likely to be too.

dinny Wed 29-Oct-08 21:48:32

LS, my two were born at 35 and 40 weeks respectively - same father though!

thegreatescape Wed 29-Oct-08 21:51:06

My mum had all 3 of us induced and I went overdue. I can only suggest 'other' methods of induction. I went 2 weeks overdue and didn't want induction so had about 2 or 3 sweeps (i had to ask for them at my check ups though, not sure why they weren't offered). Also had reflexology but I think it was actually the sweeps that got things going. My final sweep showed I was already a couple of cm dilated and remember walking round the park with an achy belly. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now