Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

lactating before birth

(7 Posts)
billyog Wed 29-Oct-08 21:16:35

I'm 37wks pregnant and have started leaking clostrum. Didn't have this with ds1. I've read that some 'experts' suggest that if you are leaking its a good idea to express a bit every day, just to get boobs ready?? Anyone else doing this or know anything bout this?

jooseyfruit Wed 29-Oct-08 21:29:20

leave 'em.
your boobs will be ready when you need them. although nipple stim can kick start contractions.

jooseyfruit Wed 29-Oct-08 21:37:03

thinking about it though, i have heard of rubbing milk on nips and letting it dry, but i think that relates more to soreness due to bf-ing rather than pre-bf prepping, iyswim

mabel1973 Thu 30-Oct-08 07:23:57

mine started leaking from about 34 weeks. I just left well alone til the baby was born and BF both of my DS's succesfully.

jooseyfruit - i think the rubbing milk on them is supposed to help soreness when BF, I have heard that as well, but can't say it helped my nips!

billyog Thu 30-Oct-08 09:48:56

Thanks guys. I'ii pop in some breast pads and leave well alone.

jooseyfruit Thu 30-Oct-08 12:57:06

good luck with baby and bf-ing!!!

LoolaBoys Thu 30-Oct-08 21:13:33

Be glad they have only started leaking now. I started leaking at about 26 weeks with ds2. It was a pain.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now