Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

40+5 - had pinkish discharge this morning - is it the start of a show?

(9 Posts)
wem Tue 28-Oct-08 08:14:24

I was expecting it to be thicker, more like a 'plug', but it's just like normal discharge, just slightly pink/brown. Is it a show, or just the start of it, or what?

watsthestory Tue 28-Oct-08 08:16:15

Message withdrawn

LadyLaGore Tue 28-Oct-08 08:22:12

i wondered this. didnt get one with my first but decriptions are so vague i wondered if every bit of discharge was a 'show'.
then with my second, i was on my way up the stairs to bed and WHAM out came this enormous great snot like thing i managed to catch and yell for dp to bring me a towel. im tellin ya, twas gross-a-rama .
never had one with third either, so no idea if that one was 'normal' or what... but ime, a wee bit of discharge is not what they mean by a show.

but hey, youre 40+5, so it cant be far to go... p[encouraging] good luck and congrats smile

wem Tue 28-Oct-08 08:26:03

Thanks Actually getting ahead of myself, am in fact 40+4. But still, haven't had any other signs so far so at least this is something, eh?

LadyLaGore Tue 28-Oct-08 08:29:44

yeah...
hey i know the feeling. the last four weeks or so seem to go on FOREVER dont they?

wem Tue 28-Oct-08 08:34:08

Got quite excited around 35 weeks when the midwife said I was already 2/5 engaged (3/5 palpable or whatever). I thought dd was gearing up for a nice early delivery, but she sat there for the next 5 weeks not budging at all. Yesterday she had dropped down a little more to 2/5 palpable, so things do seem to be moving somewhat.

LadyLaGore Tue 28-Oct-08 08:37:00

what you need to do is start a project you couldnt possibly finish once the baby arrives. that way it would pop out next day. always trust in the law of sod wink

reikizen Tue 28-Oct-08 08:44:47

Not all 'shows' look alike, not all women have them and it is not necessarily a sign that labour is starting or imminent tbh! Strong, regular, painful contractions are a sign that labour is starting! Good luck and do try to take your mind off it, going for a walk, baking a cake etc.

chocbiscuits Tue 28-Oct-08 14:56:37

<<<has baked a lot of cakes!>>>

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: