Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

question about sweeps

(4 Posts)
GirlWithTheMouseyHair Mon 27-Oct-08 16:47:26

now 6 days overdue - having a sweep tomorrow. I've heard that if a sweep is going to work, it'll work within 24 hours - does anyone know if this is true? Booked in for reflexology on Thursday just in case!

Belo Mon 27-Oct-08 16:54:17

I had a sweep when pregnant with dd2 at midday. I went into labour 12.5 hours later.

I heard lots of horror stories about how a sweep was very uncomfortable. It just felt like a bit of a tickle to me.

Good luck and hope it works as well for you as it did for me.

mabel1973 Wed 29-Oct-08 10:44:10

I had 2 sweeps with DS1 and 2 with DS2 (the 1st one not working in either case...obviously grin )

I had the second ones in the morning and I was having contractions by that night, had baby the next morning.

smellybunion Wed 29-Oct-08 10:50:59

i had 4 with my last baby...he was very comfy! grin

you can have one every day or every other day after 40 weeks i think whilst your waters are still in tact(but i might be wrong!)

i had reflexology and felt very crampy almost straight away....had my baby about 32 hours afterwards, but then he was 15 days late....

ime, the baby will only come when its good and ready.....and not a moment before.....book something really important into your diary....very expensive theatre tickets or something...its bound to come then!!! wink

good luck...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now