Talk

Advanced search

Do I send dh to work or not???

(6 Posts)
bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 17-Oct-08 07:47:38

Need some opinions please as I have not slept enough to be rational!

I am currently 40+1 weeks with baby no. 3 - Yesterday according to midwife her head was 3/5 engaged. I have been having regular contractions for the last 12 hours currently 10-14 mins apart and mild but persistant back ache downward pressure and lots of movement inbetween from baby.

I am knackered and not confident I can lok after the children while this is going on (get ds to school this pm etc.) BUT this is not necessarily the onset of imminent labour.

Dh has 1 1/2 commute by train/ tube so he is worried that if he goes in and then needs to get back if my waters break or something he will not get back in time.

So should he stay or should he go??? I do have in-laws to call upon if required (30 mins away).

tunasandwich Fri 17-Oct-08 07:49:00

dont let him go, i wouldnt just in case.
good luck

stoppinattwo Fri 17-Oct-08 07:56:04

Can he work from home???, that way even though he is a man he would be effectively multitasking <<shudder>>

Good luck btw smile

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 17-Oct-08 07:58:43

Cheers tunasandwich smile

The contractions I can handle the 2 and 4 yo - not so much - but I have heard so much about stop start progress when it comes to 'awkward' baby no 3 that I feel I am getting dh hopes up and twill be for naught! Really could do with the ability to see into the future!

bigmouthstrikesagain Fri 17-Oct-08 08:00:06

He has been working from home the last three days stoppinattwo which is why he wasgoing to show his face in the office today - but he has his crackberrie so can keep in touch.

liahgen Fri 17-Oct-08 18:45:35

how are things now bmsa?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now