Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

baby head down bit back-to-back - midwife says crawling - any thoughts?

(6 Posts)
chocbiscuits Thu 16-Oct-08 22:37:32

Am 37 weeks and baby head down with back on the left but slightly more to the side than would be liked and so sort of between normal and back-to-back.

Ds1 was in the exact same position and spent two weeks mainly after due date crawling, hands and knees on beanbag, never sitting on the sofa, very uncomfy at the time.
Ds1 stayed there until I went into labour then promptly turned around the right way when waters broke....hmm

Anyone got any back-to-back advice?

jenwa Thu 16-Oct-08 22:42:21

sorry no advice but am also going through this! Am 39 weeks, due monday and have been squatting lots and on all fours. Never knew not to sit on sofa as have been doing but thats because I get so uncomfy and getting back of the floor bloody hurts sad

Someone will give some good advice I am sure. I think there is a website that offers ideas for turning baby, prob bouncing on ball lots and being on all fours as much as poss.

BigTeuchLittleTeuch Fri 17-Oct-08 09:28:02

you can try optimal positioning (all fours, pelvic scoops, sitting wrong way on chair to tilt pelvis) but it may be more a case of you counting time and feeling useful than actually being useful at this stage.

There is some evidence that being on all fours during labour is more effective (google babyspinning).

It is also not unusual for a perfectly positioned baby to go OP at the beginning of labour, or move out of OP position!

Good luck!

Heartmum2Jamie Fri 17-Oct-08 11:52:13

I am in the same position as well. I am 38+2 with an anterior placenta and the midwife thinks baby is slightly back to back. I am trying the all 4's, tilting pelvis forward, not sitting on sofa (using excersise ball) ect, but I am not overly concerned as this is my 3rd baby, so figure he will have more room to turn when labour starts or when they time for him to be the right way is needed!

chocbiscuits Sat 18-Oct-08 21:53:50

Thanks for the tips, especially was really interested in the babyspinning website and descriptions on how to map your baby and work out its position based on where the kicks are etc!!
Really sweet!
From website it sounds like I don't need to panic, from the way the MW said the baby is lying and the way it seems to be lying from the baby mapping (which are the same thing) and because its Dc2.
Will keep it in mind and try bouncing on ball and sitting more upright but not panic so much...

BananaSkin Sun 19-Oct-08 22:15:27

Cleaning the floor.

DS3 was back to back and turned during labour. I delivered DS1 back to back really quickly too - so don't panic if baby doesn't right him/her self.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now