Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What can I do to help move baby's head lower to avoid being induced Sunday?

(5 Posts)
fall08baby Wed 15-Oct-08 10:58:07

I'm 41 weeks (this is my first baby) and scheduled to be induced on Sunday. The doctor told me today the baby's head is still not low enough. He's in the right position but needs to move down.

Any advice on what I could do to try to get him into place to hopefully start contractions naturally in the next 4 days?

scorpio1 Wed 15-Oct-08 10:59:54

I had shiatsu when was 41 weeks, the lady told me to pinchin between your thumb and first finger hard for a few seconds, repeat, etc. apparently it is a 'down' movement thing...dd came the next day, so who knows??

Also squat down when you remember.

MrsMattie Wed 15-Oct-08 11:02:07

So your baby is not engaged? This alone shouldn't be a reason for induction hmm. Some babies just don't engage fully until labour has started.

Staying active may help to get things moving a bit. Walk up and down stairs, squat, rock back and forth on your knees, use a birthing ball, go for a swim!

littlelamb Wed 15-Oct-08 11:03:06

You don't have to agree to the induction. I was inducd with dd who arrived 11 days late but after a very long hard labour. I would try and delay it if possible, and I know how awful that sounds when you are as pregnant as you can get and fed up, but there's really no reason for induction if they agree to monitor you well.

lauraloola Wed 15-Oct-08 13:53:23

Walk, walk and walk some more! I walked loads in late pregnancy, it wasnt very comfy but I knew it was working when I felt pressure in my bits. Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now