Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

preparing for elective c/s??????????

(12 Posts)
MummyAnnabella Tue 14-Oct-08 13:08:10

am going to get bikini waxed.
also clearly have a shower before going in.

but can i leave my nail varnish on? fingers and toes?

what about my rings?

you would think i would know this as had emerg c/s with ds1 but as emerg they left my nail varnish on and taped my rings down.

Deaby Tue 14-Oct-08 14:20:07

I had emerrgency C-section too. Dont fink it makes a difference whether you leave nailvarnish and rings on. Id probabaly take rings off so they dont get stuck with the post-C-section swelling that you'll get! Good Luck with the elective CS!

FiveGoMadInDorset Tue 14-Oct-08 14:22:05

Take rings off and also bail varnish as they do use toenails as a sign of circulation.

MrsMattie Tue 14-Oct-08 14:23:46

Hi Annabella

Have you had a bikini wax before? Just asking as you don't want stubble rash or ingrown hairs or any other type of irritation...you really don't!

Remove nail varnish. I'd leave all jewellery apart from wedding ring at home for security reasons.

LiegeAndLief Tue 14-Oct-08 14:28:29

You should take your nail varnish off, they might tell you that anyway when you have your pre-op appt. I kept my wedding ring on, it wasn't taped and no one seemed to mind, had no problems getting it off afterwards either! Good luck smile

abear Tue 14-Oct-08 14:36:08

I would leave nail varnish off - when I had emergency c-section they took it off - very badly & left me with red smeared all over my fingers and toes. Second time I was booked for c-section but DS2 decided to come 4 weeks early so I went in in a hurry and had my rings on and they took them off and put them in a plastic bad which I was then obsessing about being mislaid in the hospital - not worth the risk of losing them I'd say.

gladders Tue 14-Oct-08 15:01:18

clear nail varnish is ok if you want a little bit of glamour though!

MummyAnnabella Tue 14-Oct-08 15:27:55

i have gone for a very pale pink on fingers and toes! should be okay i think.

am seeing consultant today and will ask re rings though are already tight so may be too late now in any event!

have had bikini wax before and def dont want the electric shaver on a trolley they did me with before last emerg section! it looked like something from the 70s and prob was!

eandz Tue 14-Oct-08 15:30:55

I left my jewelry at home and they took off my nail polish (but it was an emergency c section).

sherbetdipdab Tue 14-Oct-08 15:36:42

I had an elective 6 weeks ago.

They told me to not wear any jewellery apart from wedding ring. No nail warnish at all and worst of all no make up! I look shocking in the photos.

And they also told me no waxing or shaving etc of bikini line, they used a sterile electric surgical bikini trimmer on me just before leaving for the theatre.

Glamorous it was not!

MummyAnnabella Tue 14-Oct-08 15:45:01

oh dear never even thought re the make up! last time had it off anyway as was in moddle of night.

cant believe they had time to take peoples nail varnish off before emerg sections - my emerg one happened so fast they wouldnt even let me phone dh though i called him from my mobile which i hid under my gown on the way to theatre!!! he made it as they cut me open!!

ellielou02 Wed 15-Oct-08 19:30:12

Hi there I would take your nail varnish off, I have worked in theatre and usual practice is to remove it, certain colours pinks, reds and blues give a false reading for pulse oximetry, and the nurses and anaesthatist will want to observe your circulation as fivegomad says, they can tape your rings tho. Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now