Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

BHs or contractions..

(15 Posts)
ajm200 Mon 13-Oct-08 12:52:04

Hi everyone.

I'm 39 weeks tomorrow and have been feeling crampy all weekend. Over the past 1/2hr or so I've had pretty intense contractions, 10 mins apart lasting 4.5mins (timed on contractionmaster) They are braxton hicks, right?

Real contractions aren't that long are they?

I don't want this to be for real. Had a false alarm 2 weeks ago and don't want to cry wolf again.

Plus just had baby turned from breech so before I can have my homebirth, I have to go to hospital, be scanned, monitored and can come home again after an hour.. lots of hassle. If baby hangs on until Wednesday PM I'll have seen the consultant and this daft restriction will be lifted.

MamaG Mon 13-Oct-08 12:53:57

Glad your baby turned ajm! I was wondering how you'd got on.

Sorry, don't know about the contractions as i've nver gone into labour before, always been induced !

ajm200 Mon 13-Oct-08 13:00:17

So have I. The conttaction started by the induction weren't very painful, just pressure and crampy. I was able to cope right up until transistion.

What I have now is different. Strong, intense pressure that lasts for ages.

MamaG Mon 13-Oct-08 13:19:30

FWIW my BH in second and third pgs were much stronger than in my first. But they weren't as regular as yours sound. Any other signs? Maybe all the fiddling around when they turned your baby have started you off

ajm200 Mon 13-Oct-08 13:50:48

Are you all sorted now... you must be due around the same time as me (23rd Oct)?

MamaG Mon 13-Oct-08 15:10:41

I'm due the week after you, 30th. More or less sorted - its my third so I'm not panicking because I don't have a top and tail bowl grin

Finishing work on Thursday and hope to have at least 2 weeks to rest and prepare for the birth

ajm200 Mon 13-Oct-08 15:30:59

I hope you get your two weeks of rest

nuclear Mon 13-Oct-08 16:01:14

hi ajm
how are you contractions now?

I am no expert but 4.5 minutes sound like a long time for contractions so they could be BH ... I am bumping for you as I know lulumama is around....

x

ajm200 Mon 13-Oct-08 16:06:03

It's eased right off, just getting the odd tightening every so often. Just hoping it isn't this little minx moving into some awkward position.

Last false alarm was her moving around to breech.

nuclear Mon 13-Oct-08 16:20:33

ooh ok - its really annoying how your body keeps you guessing right until the end isn't it?

ajm200 Mon 13-Oct-08 16:24:02

Definately! Just hope that the real thing starts soon

MamaG Tue 14-Oct-08 08:22:26

How are you doing ajm?

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 13:48:50

I'm fine today, not a twinge. She's far too comfy. Scan tomorrow.. so hopefully after that I relax more and everything will start to happen.

Haven't seen you on the Oct Antenatal thread, will you be joining us?

How about you?

MamaG Tue 14-Oct-08 15:19:03

TBH the antenatal threads move so quickly I couldn't keep up! Bit late to join now I think grin

Still feeling lots of movements at bottom of bump and in middle - will see what MW says on friday

ajm200 Tue 14-Oct-08 15:31:42

Not at all, we've had several people join us over the past week all due in Oct. Over half the babies have arrived already so its not as busy as it was.

Good luck for Friday. Baby is probably just head down and back to back

Fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: