Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Question for Pupuce re Doulas

(13 Posts)
bonym Fri 04-Mar-05 21:46:51

I tried earlier in my pregnancy to find a Doula, but without success - I have just done another search on Google and have found a site for Doulas UK (not sure if this is the organisation you belong to Pupuce?) and have discovered that there is a Doula very local to me now. She is listed as a trainee birth and post-natal doula. I am thinking of calling her (although of course might be a bit close to the birth now - am 37weeks) and wondered if you had any advice/comments on using a trainee? Thanks

bonym Sat 05-Mar-05 10:57:39

Bump

bonym Sat 05-Mar-05 15:15:45

Doesn't have to be Pupuce. Any other doulas out there?

littlemissbossy Sat 05-Mar-05 16:04:02

no idea, sorry, just bumping this up for you

uwila Sat 05-Mar-05 16:59:40

bump for you.

pupuce Sat 05-Mar-05 17:50:01

Trainees are usually fine, we all have to start somewhere and some trainees are much more experienced than others. It's more a question if you and DH liking her, feeling that she will help you and be there for you.
You can Contact Another Talker (CAT) me if you want to ask about a specific doula.
It is likely that a traunee might be available.... very experienced doulas can often be booked in advance.

bonym Sun 06-Mar-05 17:41:38

Thanks Pupuce - I have CAT you

pupuce Sun 06-Mar-05 19:56:34

I will probably get your CAT tomorrow morning

Steppy1 Mon 07-Mar-05 19:21:52

Hi to you all, I am a doula and also have a business partner (she's listed on the Doula UK website....pupuce where are you based ? We're in the SW, trained through Doula UK (me through Childbirth International...am also a pregnancy and post natal fitness instructor...though much bigger than a size 12 I can tell you :0

pupuce Mon 07-Mar-05 22:28:42

Hi Steppy
I am in the SE - CAT me if you'd like

playnotwork Wed 09-Mar-05 11:30:35

hi bonym

i'm a trainee doula in the south east. have you managed to find someone yet?

Steppy1 Wed 09-Mar-05 18:34:38

(blush)...what does CAT mean !!!!!!???

pupuce Wed 09-Mar-05 21:34:56

Contact Another Talker... see the top of the page

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now