Talk

Advanced search

caesarean scar smells - is it infected?

(9 Posts)
babyaddict Mon 13-Oct-08 10:15:39

Ive just had my 2nd caesarean 2 weeks ago and noticed the scar is a bit sticky and smells a bit. It feels tender and sore and there are 2 patches that look pink. It also stings when I bf or move about.

Is this normal? I didnt have it 1st time round but was I just lucky?

ZakuroFujiwara Mon 13-Oct-08 10:24:39

Sounds exactly like mine when I got an infection in it. I'd go and see the doctor - or call the midwife to come in if you haven't been signed off yet. Quick course of antibiotics cleared mine up.

HuwEdwards Mon 13-Oct-08 10:26:10

Yes, sounds infected to me..

Divvy Mon 13-Oct-08 10:29:09

I had this, mine wasnt infected. It was where the the skin flapped over, and was just needing more lifting and cleaning. yuk!

Have you tried running a shower head on it?

Do go docs though, jsut to be sure.

babyaddict Mon 13-Oct-08 15:34:26

Thanks for the advice, just noticed that one of the pink patches is weeping a nasty yellow/orange pus and just above it is a sore hard lump, so better check it with the mw when she comes tomorrow!

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Mon 13-Oct-08 15:36:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chocbiscuits Tue 14-Oct-08 21:25:10

Yeh get that checked out I should

babyaddict Wed 15-Oct-08 14:49:53

Hi, just adding an update in case anyone has similar in the future. The GPs couldn't see me that day, so I waited till the next day as I had a hospital appointment for dc3, so I got a mw to look at it. She took a swab of the gunk oozing out of it, and I'm now waiting for the results to see what antibiotics I might need. Smells pretty gross but the mw said she's seen worse!

chocbiscuits Thu 16-Oct-08 22:12:41

Hello,
hope its going OK, keep us updated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now