Talk

Advanced search

overdue and could do with some reassurancxe please as I'm in a flap about it!

(18 Posts)
pistachio Sat 11-Oct-08 09:58:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

liahgen Sat 11-Oct-08 10:01:40

they cannot force you to be induced.

You can be asked to be monitored every day if you want.

Listen to your ody, if you know you are not as far on as they say you are, then simply do the stuck record thing, ie

I don't believe my baby is due till..x date. I am not willing to be induced.

good luck.

liahgen Sat 11-Oct-08 10:02:23

listen to your body even blush

pistachio Sat 11-Oct-08 10:10:27

pistachio Sat 11-Oct-08 10:11:47

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 10:13:58

pistacio - I'm 40+4 today, and also trying not to lose faith that it will happen naturally!

I'm having monitoring every two days at the moment, and I find it very reassuring that everything is still well with my baby.

pistachio Sat 11-Oct-08 10:17:44

liahgen Sat 11-Oct-08 10:18:01

I am a Doula, do you have one? Is your dh onside and able to speak up for you?

It makes you feel very vulnerable planning a hb, was your 1st born at home?

You need to have the utmost confidence in the people caring for you at this stage of your pg, and if you don't, or if you feel unsupported by them, then this can make a big difference to the ways things pan out.

Scan dates are not an exact science,In the early scans they are literally telling you when your baby is due because of it's size almost,obviously you are the best person to know when you are most likely to have conceived.

If you want stats to give them, just take a look at aims website

www.aims.org.uk/

they are not in a position to tell you you have to do anything, or are not allowed to do anything.

www.homebirth.org.uk/

I'm assuming you have had a healthy pg with no high risk factors/big problems?

I'm sure your little one will put in its appearance when he or she is good and ready.

liahgen Sat 11-Oct-08 10:20:38

pistachio,

The power of the mind is a very powerful thing. I think you may have hit the nail on the head yourself then.

Clear all your practicallities. Make sure childcare plans are in place for your lo, then talk to your baby, tell him/her that you are ready now, that you are looking forward to meeting him/her.

Do some nice calm breathing, get yourself into a positive frame of mind, and i'm sure it won't be much longer.

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 10:24:07

Pistacio - once I'm passed 41 weeks I will have daily monitoring and I will see how that goes. Already my blood pressure is getting high and I have some swelling that I haven't had before, so I was pleased to see a midwife today who did the monitoring and took some blood. All going well I think I'm happy to get to 42 weeks, but definitely no longer, and any sign of a problem before then I will be happy to be induced. Maybe not exactly happy, but I really don't want to leave things to chance. Mostly I trust my body, but I know enough about health to know that things don't always go to plan.

pistachio Sat 11-Oct-08 10:24:37

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 10:24:47

liahgen - my midwife also told me to talk to my baby to tell it to come out!

pistachio Sat 11-Oct-08 10:32:01

liahgen Sat 11-Oct-08 10:37:10

I know it sounds a bit tree hugging but like i said, the power of the mind is great and talking to your baby, but really meaning it iykwim, can sometimes just push those hormones that liitle bit

pistachio Mon 13-Oct-08 05:21:18

liahgen Mon 13-Oct-08 10:07:01

oh my word Pistachio,

I am so pleased for you, soppy cow, that brought tears to my eyes.

Congratulations i'll look out for the birth story.

lots of love, (i know not very mn, grin)

FlabbyTumSquashyBum Mon 13-Oct-08 11:48:40

Well, I was just about to add my advice when I got to your happy announcement. Congratulations! I'm pleased it all worked out for.

It's interesting reading about the power of the mind. My doula told me once that second babies usually come at night, as that's when the body's relaxed and other siblings are asleep etc. This threw me into a bit of a tizz because it wasn't what I expected, for some reason I'd always visualised baby coming during the day when ds was at nursery. My doula said 'oh, that's probably how it'll happen then'. I wasn't convinced, but that's exactly how it happened! One Monday morning, 2 days before they wanted to induce me, no previous signs of labour, baby arrived before lunch. grin

So glad you got the birth you wanted and I look forward to reading your birth story. I love hearing about homebirths smile

pistachio Mon 13-Oct-08 12:26:43

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now