Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

anyone awake? 37 weeks and getting 'pains'

(9 Posts)
gem1981 Sat 04-Oct-08 04:45:16

hi
posted earlier on today about period type pains that i have been having for the past 2 days.

anyway for the last 2 hours i have had bad backache like REALLY strong period cramps and contractions.

also started shaking really bad about an hour ago - that has calmed down now though - i wasn't anxious but i started to feel sick and was shaking all over.

been sat up for a while now as i can't sleep.

someone on the thread from today mentioned a possible UTI but i don't have any other symptoms.

oranges Sat 04-Oct-08 04:57:29

I'm up. Not sure what it is but it sounds like the start of labour. How are you now?

gem1981 Sat 04-Oct-08 05:02:55

oooh how wierd just replied to your message on chat - still getting the apins but am calm......

oranges Sat 04-Oct-08 05:04:32

ah, hello. Let's talk about you here. now often are the contractions and pains. Is this your first?

Romney Sat 04-Oct-08 05:07:53

Sounds like it. Not that I know anything about it, except I'm feeling pretty dreadful myself this morning. All of a sudden it feels like my lungs and stomach are really squashed up (even more than usual!) with a touch of nausea and a headache. I hope this is something or it is over soon.

gem1981 Sat 04-Oct-08 05:11:18

sorry oranges cross posted.

this is my second ..... off to get some rest now in case this is it....

gulp.

hope you get some work done x

gem1981 Sat 04-Oct-08 10:29:56

me again - managed to get some sleep and have a bath

contractions have almost stopped now but I am still getting backache plus now I have sharp 'needley' pains in what i can only describe feels like my pubic bone.

what are the symptoms of a UTI ?

HateHoovering Sat 04-Oct-08 13:26:46

Hi

I would definitely get your urine checked in case of infection. Symptoms include pain above pubic bone, pain on peeing, increased freq of peeing but only small volumes, sometimes blood in urine. If infection spreads to kidneys, you can get a dull back ache on either side of your spine and if infection spreads into bloodstream you can get a high temperature and feel shaky and shivery and have nausea and vomiting. Certainly worth getting checked out as easy to treat. Hope all is well.

gem1981 Sat 04-Oct-08 15:13:28

hi hatehoovering.

think i will get it checked out still got a really dull ache in my back and pubic bone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: