Talk

Advanced search

Inducing labour

(7 Posts)
AmandaN Fri 26-Sep-08 15:49:27

'm just over 39 weeks pregnant - waters broke early Wednesday morning and since then I have been hanging around waiting for something to happen which has been pretty frustrating... Have been trying a mixture of rest but also keeping active with the occasional walk, using birthing ball to sit on, trying pressure points on my feet and hands, curry, just had some raspberry leaf tea and am told clary sage oil may be worth a try, so just about to give that a go.. plus have an acupuncturist session booked for this afternoon to see if that helps things along... Just wondering if anyone has any other suggestions or tips to get things started? I was so hoping to be able to go to a smaller midwife led hospital and to be able to use a birthing pool, but if nothing has happened in the next couple of days I will have to go to the district general for an induction which will be disappointing :-(

rebelmum1 Fri 26-Sep-08 15:55:11

Oh I feel for you, I was the same. I had accupuncture too. I was induced in the end. The only thing left is sex apparently, this can get things going .. it didn't for me though hmm

rebelmum1 Fri 26-Sep-08 15:56:28

My midwife had me running up and down stairs but that didn't work either ..

AmandaN Fri 26-Sep-08 16:06:45

Thanks rebelmum1 - well, sex is out as with waters broken there is a risk of infection to consider... I think sadly it is one of those things that is just either going to happen or not, just feels better to be trying stuff I guess

Toss up between trying but not allowing myself to get too wound up about it I think. Will see how it goes over the next 24 hours...

Anglepoise Fri 26-Sep-08 19:05:18

Wow - you are me, except mine went Thursday morning. Still waiting for things to kick off properly but booked for induction tomorrow am (which I may refuse).

Hope the acupuncture works for you. I've been told to do lots of walking (but am too crampy ) and especially to walk along the kerb with one foot in the road and one on the pavement, and then back the other way. I've read in a couple of places that consuming semen orally is more effective than sex anyway, if that is any good ... Good luck!

AmandaN Fri 26-Sep-08 20:41:30

Haha!! that made me laugh (which may be just as good a way of kick-starting things!!) Walking with one foot in the road and one foot in the pavement sounds like it would lead to getting run over if nothing else grin.

Did have a few twinges following the acupuncture, bigger gush of fluid as well this evening and feeling much heavier than normal down low, so you never know.... BUT no point getting hopes up at this point. Just got to wait and see what tonight/tomorrow brings.

Will keep fingers crossed that things kick off for you before any need for induction anyway..

muppetisacat Sat 27-Sep-08 09:52:03

any progress this morning???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now