Talk

Advanced search

C-Section now I am numb from tummy button to scar...

(4 Posts)
OFSTEDoutstanding Wed 24-Sep-08 20:00:01

I had a cs on 9th Sept and am still feeling completely numb from my tummy button to my cut. Is this normal? I feel absolutely fine other than would like my mind putting at rest about numbness. Would it make any difference that it was an emcs and I was put to sleep for op?

tiggerlovestobounce Wed 24-Sep-08 20:08:05

I think that is pretty normal tbh. I have an area around my scar where I have no sensation. When they make the incision some of the superficial nerves to the skin are cut, which is why you lose some feeling.
I think that mine has improved a little over time, in that the area affected is slightly smaller, but I think that it probably wont get better entirely.
That probably isnt terribly reassuring, but I dont think that the numbness is anything "bad" or indicates that there is anything wrong, more just a consequence of the surgery.
I dont think it makes any difference that you had a GA.

NotQuiteCockney Wed 24-Sep-08 20:16:36

This is totally normal, I had it after both CSes, it hasn't really gone away. It's nerve damage from the incision, nothing to do with anaesthetic.

biggreypants Wed 24-Sep-08 20:17:57

Yes this is normal.
I was totally numb above the scar afterwards, but a lot of the sensation has come back now (its been 5 years) its not exactly the same but better a little numbness above the scar than below grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now