Talk

Advanced search

childbirth and vaginismus?

(5 Posts)
helplease22 Sun 21-Sep-08 11:17:56

Anyone have experience with this? I posted this on the "pregnancy" discussion board and got a lovely response from FAQ. Wondering if anyone else has had experience with this. It's not as severe as it could be or is usually described, but I have some difficulty with the thought of all of the internal exams to check for dilation.
Thanks in advance

lulumama Sun 21-Sep-08 13:10:10

you don;t need to have internal examinations in labour, you can ask for other signs of progressing labour to be looked at. if you discuss this with your care givers in labour, no doubt they will take this into account when looking after you... adn can keep VEs to a bare minimum or not have any at all. you could practice some breathing techniques for relaxation during labour that would be of benefit anyway.

Renaissancewoman Sun 21-Sep-08 13:13:37

I've had 2 kids, never had a vaginal examination during labour. Depends on your attitude and that of your midwives.

findtheriver Sun 21-Sep-08 17:17:06

Agree - you really can get away with hardly being poked at if you put it in your birth plan and tell the midwives.

DrHorrible Sun 21-Sep-08 17:18:36

I had one internal when I had vaginisimus.

Just specify "no hand up fanjo" wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now