Talk

Advanced search

im going in to be Induction tonight....but a cold creeped on me this morning....i want to get rid of it!!

(11 Posts)
biglips Fri 19-Sep-08 13:26:07

but i cant be bothered to go to the shops for fruits/oranges...etc

biglips Fri 19-Sep-08 13:26:39

"induced" not "induction"

mad4mybaby Fri 19-Sep-08 13:33:28

not sure if you can use in pg but i did at beg of my preg but that vicks first defence stuff you spray up your nose is amazing! Id be shocked if you used it and you didnt get full on cold. need to check ok to use. failing that berroca, ecchineca (SP!) but again need to check ok to take

ajm200 Fri 19-Sep-08 14:05:57

Not too sure what you can do at the last minute. I had an awful cold last time and the pharmasist told me that I couldn't take anything other than paracetamol.

If I was you I'd pack a bottle of olbas oil in your hospital bag. You probably won't be able to use it while on the ward but when you get to your room on L&D you can put some on a hanky to get rid of the stuffy head feeling.

Poor you. Good luck with the birth.

LadyOfWaffle Fri 19-Sep-08 14:10:28

Orange juice by the ton and paracetamol. I like coke when I am ill also and lucozade. I had both bfore I was inducedm but water during because I was throwing up. I did take a lemsip hen I had a cold at about 30 odd weeks, but have since found out you shouldn't but it did knock it on the head... Oh, hot ribena with sugar also. Good luck tonight!! xx

LadyOfWaffle Fri 19-Sep-08 14:11:21

Head over a steamy bucket /sink also?

ajm200 Fri 19-Sep-08 15:14:31

If you are going to BF, don't go too mad on citrus in case it upsets baby's tum.

I made that mistake with DS, drank loads of orange juice after he was born as I was dreading the first tip to the loo. The citrus gave him belly ache and he screamed non-stop of hours. Poor little mite.

Jaamy Fri 19-Sep-08 16:27:38

Couple of drops of Olbas oil on a tissue if stuffed up. Don't go OTT on citrus. Paracetamol. Let's face it, if you use the G&A when being induced, you probably won't notice much cold symptoms! Good luck tonight. Hope all goes ok. Are you in LWH?

biglips Fri 19-Sep-08 17:41:39

hi jaamy

yes i am at the LWH. ive just had a 2 hour nap and now had a shower....feeling ok but sneezing. this is the first cold ive had since ive been pg and my dd picked it up from her preschool since she had been back! hmm!!

ajm200 Fri 19-Sep-08 19:13:26

Good luck for tonight

ajm200 Sun 21-Sep-08 19:32:47

Any news? (sorry being nosey)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now