Talk

Advanced search

Might have gestational diabetes at 39 weeks

(7 Posts)
islandlassie Tue 16-Sep-08 16:28:32

Well the title gives it away. I get the results tomorrow. But what happen with them finding it so late if it comes back positive? i asked midwife but she avoided question. i feel so low

I'm sorry, I have no advice for you. I don't suppose telling you not to worry would help? Bumping for you in the hope someone who knows about this will see.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 16-Sep-08 16:34:13

If you haven't had a growth scan already they might offer one. Depending on the result of that they might want to induce you. I am still unclear whether I had it or not but I was tangled up with them at 38 weeks although never really told if I had it or not (blood sugar results were ok). I was induced at 40 weeks exactly and dd was monitored in case her blood sugar dropped but only for a day and that was fine too.

EyeballsintheSky Tue 16-Sep-08 16:37:16

Meant to add don't worry. If you've been fine up till now I wouldn't stress too much. Presumably if you've got this far then your urine tests have always been ok so I really wouldn't worry. I did but then I was clueless. If I had my time again knowing what I know now I'd be a lot more relaxed about it. Really.

islandlassie Tue 16-Sep-08 16:43:44

Thanks. no growth scan. I'm not sure that i would be happy being induced but if they had to then i wouldnt protest! its the waiting. i wish they could magically answer my questions now.

LeonieD Tue 16-Sep-08 23:27:35

Message withdrawn

MARGOsBeenPlayingWithMyNooNoo Tue 16-Sep-08 23:35:01

Why have they tested you now? Have you had any symptoms?

I felt fine even though I was on insulin.

If you're worried about the birth, I fully understand that. I was disappointed when I found out that I would probably be induced (I was). I had peaceful and calm births with dds - It took me a while to resign myself to not having the birth I wanted but it was a birth I could actually have more control over iyswim?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now