Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Pain in the arse! Literally!

(13 Posts)
minkersmum Tue 16-Sep-08 11:22:58

I am 40+2 weeks preg with 3rd baby, so uncomfortable this time, unlike previous 2 who came at 37 and 38 weeks and the pain only started a few hours after my waters broke, this time i've had three days of torture.

I know the head is really low, 1/5th palpable and i can feel it in my fango as i could with last baby but for the last 3 days i can't sit down. When i sit it feels like someone is shoving a melon up my backside and its agony. I'm so sore i could cry. Even when baby moves it feels like its trying to dig its way out with a fork.

Anyone else had this, its making me worry now that its head has engaged in an awkward position or that it has very sharp shoulders or elbows!!

If i thought it was just getting ready for take off i could cope but the thought of another week or two of this agony make me feel like cutting my throat!

Can i just add that generally i have quite a good pain tolerance and had the last 2 without pain relief but this is so tiring and is really wearing me down.

Can anyone offer advice??

RedHead81 Tue 16-Sep-08 11:38:33

it could be that this baby has had an extra 3weeks to grow and there's simply no more room left in there - on the plus side, pressure is a good thing, so it won't be long now.

Good luck hope all goes well x

expatinscotland Tue 16-Sep-08 11:39:33

i have had piles so bad i couldn't sit down except on an ice pack or rubber ring, so you have my sympthies.

StayFrosty Tue 16-Sep-08 11:44:07

I was gonna say have you got piles? I went to 40+ 11 days with my dd, and I had some enormous bum plums before I even started labour. I spent most of the latter 3 weeks of pregnancy on my knees resting my elbows/upper body on the settee or a birth ball, it was the only way I felt remotely comfortable.

sad for you, life is a bloody misery when you can't get comfy, but hey, not long to go now, good luck.

minkersmum Tue 16-Sep-08 12:14:49

Thanks for all the replies.

Did have piles a few weeks ago but they have def gone down now, they were more of an outside pain, this is deep, sort of like something really tender and sore inside. Almost a bit like that really constipated tender feeling that can make it sore to sit, but i am def not constipated.

Even tho baby been in longer than others doesn't feel much bigger, midwife reckons its not a particularly big one. We'll see. Good to keep that thot in my head i reckon... don't know how much scarier labour would be if i was told antenatally that it felt like a big one!!

StayFrosty Tue 16-Sep-08 12:28:59

Could s/he be back to back with you? I know that can be a source of discomfort during labour, maybe it can hurt pre labour as well. btw, my niece was back to back so my sister had back labour but it was fairly short with no complications, so it's not necessarily a big deal if that's the case.

Gingermilo Tue 16-Sep-08 12:34:50

Hi there, I am 41+5 and have the same feeling. Have been told baby has gone back to back but could still move if go on all fours alot! Am in great sympathy with you.

ajm200 Tue 16-Sep-08 14:03:05

Can you sit on a gym ball rather than a chair. It was the only place that I could get comfortable when having DS who was a big, long baby and I'm not very big, only 5"5 so he just ran out of room.

Check out www.spinningbabies.com for tips on how to get baby into a good position to ease backache/discomfort from a back to back baby

minkersmum Tue 16-Sep-08 16:16:59

Thanks for suggestions, baby not posterior tho is left lateral and that is where i'm sore. Think its just really low and will very probably be very long (dp is 6ft 8) last baby had positional talipes due to lack of space and she was born at 38 weeks!

Had more bloody show today so i'm hoping it wont be long til this lo decides to appear! Fingers crossed.

minkersmum Tue 16-Sep-08 16:20:14

Oh ajm got a gym ball and it is more comfy than settee but not as good as standing. Thanks for suggestion.

Tempted to inflate my birth pool prematurely and just live in there smile

StayFrosty Tue 16-Sep-08 16:28:21

omg, it could all be over this time tomorrow then..... how exciting, hope it all goes well for you. moving into the birth pool sounds like a plan. just make sure you're waited on properly grin

ajm200 Tue 16-Sep-08 16:50:04

I hope this is the real thing for you and you will be holding your baby soon.

Good luck

ajm200 Wed 17-Sep-08 08:49:55

any news?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now