what would you do? update(17 Posts)
Sorry that this isn't the news you wanted. If you do a search there are loads of tips on what to take with you for a c/s (peppermint tea, pen and paper for lists etc)
Leonie D, been following your story and just wanted to send you lots of best wishes and luck for next Weds. I've had 2 em c-sections due to PE and with the seoond was profoundly disappointed I didn't get a shot at natural birth (or even labour). I now realise I probably never will and I think in a way you do grieve for it (madly some will say who've been through natural birth!!). But time is a healer and I've reconciled with this now~ hope you do too.
A private room is a great idea, definitely push for it. I didn't get one second time round and wish I'd made more of a fuss. I was in a busy ward with lots of babies while mine was in SCBU- hearing them cry each night while I sat at a breastpump desperately wishing my milk to come nearly broke my heart.
Good luck~ enjoy meeting your new baby and hope your daughter adjusts to her new sibling ok. And take lots of Arnica!!
Leonie, I've not followed your story, but as someone hoping to try for a VBA2C in a couple of months I couldn't not post.
Sorry, it's not the outcome you hoped for, but try to remember that it's for all the right reasons and you know you'll be holding your baby soon
I had an amenity bed when I was in having DD last year and it made such a difference to our start together as I had peace and quiet and was able to get BFing well established and loved the time when it was just the two of us bonding.
And you never know, you might get another shot at it . I was resigned to never giving birth naturally (inspite of a faultless labour with DS) as we had settled on two DCs.......mother nature (and some dodgy natural birth control measures on our part ) had other ideas though.
Not sure of your story, but just wanted to add that with my dd1 I was examined (when I was 41 weeks), but midwife couldn't do a sweep as cervix was so high and closed. She said nothing was looking imminent at all, and booked a date for induction.
I went into spontaneous labour the next day. The midwife came to visit me after dd was born, just to check it was really me, as she was so surprised that I had gone into labour!
Best of luck
a lot can happen between now and next wednesday.
all the best though, i wish you well and you;ll be holding your baby very soon. it has not been the easiest pregnancy, and the end is in sight now.
thinking of you
Just wanted to add my good wishes, as people have said things may change and at least this way you get to get your head round all the possibilities.
I've got 2 weeks to go and I know if I end up with another cs I'll be disappointed - but I also know the baby comes first. I look at my dcs now and there is honestly no difference between the one born by cs and the one born vaginally - why would there be? You may not be able to affect what happens, but you can affect how much you let it influence your life and your birth experience. So if it ends up being a cs I wish you a joyful experience (and I agree a private room would definitely help with that!)
Hi Leonie - so sorry hon - I know how disappointed you must be feeling. I think the trick now is to focus on the positives of the new situation and dammit, make sure of that private room!
I can't say that you will definitely feel the same as me, but as you know, once all was said and done with DS, I definitely felt in hindsight the c-section was probably the right decision.
Very, VERY best of luck for tomorrow (?) or next Weds - I'll be thinking of you and will keep my eyes peeled for posts once you emerge out of the mists of giving birth (which is still what you are doing you know).
Leonie - Twiga has a thread going in this section too - I have told her to get onto yours and visa versa - you are in a similar situation and could really support each other - good luck.
Join the discussion
Please login first.