Talk

Advanced search

What does "DR high risk" stand for in my notes?

(8 Posts)
Aubergenie Tue 16-Sep-08 09:58:50

I've been having regular monitoring on the CTG at the hospital and have noticed that they've written "DR high risk" in my notes. Does anyone know what that means?

minkersmum Tue 16-Sep-08 11:12:34

Could just mean you need consultant care rather then midwife led. They tend to call women under consultant care 'high risk' even for minor things. Are you being managed by the consultant at the moment??

Aubergenie Tue 16-Sep-08 11:33:47

Ah that could be it. Yes, | am being managed by the consultant. That's a relief - I thought it was one more thing that they weren't telling me about! Thank you

carmenelectra Tue 16-Sep-08 11:42:14

tHINK THE DR MUST JUST BE DOCTOR, excuse caps! Obviously if you are being regularly monitored for whatever reason this will be considered high risk

Snaf Tue 16-Sep-08 16:38:02

DR on a CTG review usually means 'Determine Risk'. It is to do with a mnemonic 'DR C BRAVADO' that is used to interpret the CTG - it goes:

DR - determine risk
C - contractions
BRA - baseline rate
V - variability
A - accelerations
D - decelerations
O - overall picture

Actually, just saying 'high risk' is not that useful - they should really have written what the risk actually is i.e. why you are having the regular monitoring in the first place!

HTH

Aubergenie Tue 16-Sep-08 22:18:18

Thanks Snaf - that makes complete sense. They always write DR high (or high risk) and never write the reason. Not very helpful for the next person who reads the notes!

liahgen Tue 16-Sep-08 23:39:29

Aubergine, I see by your other post you have found a Doula.

Good luck with everything. I hope the information was useful. x

Aubergenie Wed 17-Sep-08 08:55:13

Hi Liahgen, Yes, it was REALLY useful, thanks ever so much. Yes, I've now found a doula and my ALTs have gone down massively over the last week to normal levels so I'm really hoping to avoid an induction and let things happen naturally. Also, I just want to stop battling with people and relax and enjoy the last week or so of my pregnancy. Thanks again! xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now