Talk

Advanced search

silent labour

(12 Posts)
gill86 Sun 14-Sep-08 23:34:59

hi there does anyone else have silent labour the only thing i feel is the fact i want to push i am on my 3nd child and iam 36 week i only get to 37 week and they pop out i's hoping there are other people out there i like i have not meet anyone yet sad

MarsLady Mon 15-Sep-08 00:12:53

I have had 10 clients in a row who were silent labourers. There are lots out there. I wasn't one of them smile They mostly went to term.

FanjolinaJolly Mon 15-Sep-08 00:15:25

I did the "Mooing like a cow" variety!!Twas most odd.Under normal circs doubt I could recreate this noise.Saw that prog on homebirthing where the woman had a silent labour.Was most impressed!

Klaw Mon 15-Sep-08 00:45:43

feckin envy

PinkyDinkyDooToo Mon 15-Sep-08 10:01:00

My bf Muum was like this with all 3 of hers. She didn't even know she was in labour. BF is hoping she will be the same envy

ajm200 Mon 15-Sep-08 10:16:39

You are so lucky. I'm hoping that this time round I'll be like that too.

First time, I had severe SPD that put me on crutches and had awful pain from that rather than contractions. Had a induction complete with drip and was given an EPI for the hip pain and high BP. The hip pain was so bad that I couldn't/wouldn't stand up.

I was in transistion (shaking like a leaf and being sick) as they placed the EPI and could only feel the contractions as pressure rather than pain.

ajm200 Mon 15-Sep-08 10:19:00

Someone I know was induced, went to the loo and got DH to come along as she was feeling a bit shaky. DH had to run for a mw as she had one contraction and baby's head popped out down the loo. Total labour 15mins and most of that was trying to hold baby in whilst moving to the delivery ward rather than deliver in the loo on the antenatal ward.

gill86 Mon 15-Sep-08 15:56:59

glad there are other people this may sound funny to some woman as you would like not to feel it but i would like to feel it.

ajm200 Mon 15-Sep-08 19:51:58

If you look on the yahoo hypnobabies site there are loads of stories of painfree births and I posted a link last week to the american dateline programme showing two women having painfree hypno births. You are not alone.

madmouse Mon 15-Sep-08 23:07:00

guess it is easy for us with long painful births to be jealous but am I right to think you find it a bit unnerving? I can imagine. Childbirth is this huge thing and it sounds like it kinda sneaks up on you.

PinkTulips Mon 15-Sep-08 23:09:18

nope, i'm of the 18 hours of pain variety unfortunately.

gill86 Tue 16-Sep-08 11:54:31

yaeh i's getting to the point where i don't feel safe to go out coz i just have the feeling i want to push and i don't fancy pushing my baby out in tesco lucky for me so far my first was in the morning and the other was late at night but both came at 37 week so early

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now