Talk

Advanced search

I'm having contractions.....

(8 Posts)
ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sat 13-Sep-08 05:02:24

have been every 5 mins for about 45 secs for the last 2 hours. No other signs (no waters, show etc) and they aren't bad (not nice, but I can talk through them)
How long is this likely to last for? Am I in the latent stage? First baby, am I likely to be here a while? I'm just about to get in the bath. Thanks!

SuperBunny Sat 13-Sep-08 05:15:57

Oooo, exciting!

Have you called the MW/ hospital?

I wouldn't worry too much about waters not breaking and no show - everybody is different and it doesn't happen to some people. Waters can break right at the end.

Hope your bath helps

CantSleepWontSleep Sat 13-Sep-08 07:32:25

Hope you had a nice bath.
When I had dd (my first) I was at your stage by about 7am, and had dd in my arms by 5pm.
Advice I remember following was to go to hospital (assuming you are having a hospital birth) when they are every 5 mins and lasting for a min, so if you're not there already then I suspect you'll want to go soon.
Good luck!

belgo Sat 13-Sep-08 07:40:48

Very exciting. The advice I was given was to go into hospital when I could no longer talk through the contractions.

It's impossible to say how long this stage will last and I would stay at home as long as possible!

Good luck.

Megglevache Sat 13-Sep-08 07:41:56

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoh oh how lovely. Today is a great day to have a baby. It's going to be sunny.

Keep us posted :-)

Nellstar Sat 13-Sep-08 07:51:22

very exciting! With my DS1 my waters didn't break til he was born. I had a homebirth and was told not to ring the midwives til the contractions were 3-2 mins apart and lasting 1 min. Suspect if you're going to hospital you'll want to get there before that but best to spend the early bit at home. Good luck.

SuperBunny Sat 13-Sep-08 15:32:56

Any news?

StarlightMcKenzie Sat 13-Sep-08 15:57:47

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now