Talk

Advanced search

post-natal hair loss...HELP!

(13 Posts)
Lib76 Wed 10-Sep-08 09:09:45

i am 13 wks post-natal and i would say for the last month my hair has been falling out! i know this can happen cause you produce more hair when pg and it's the excess coming away, but im worried :-(

i was at my hairdresser last week and he said it was fine cause there were no bauld patches but i just feel my hair is getting thinner. thankfully i do have good thick hair (should i say did!) i know i souldn't stress as i will make it worse.

any tips for a worried mummy? ;-)

lulalullabye Wed 10-Sep-08 09:15:43

Nope sorry. Just wait till it all starts to grow back and you have and inch of new hair everywhere. But don't worry cause it will grow back smile

Benjy Wed 10-Sep-08 09:21:48

I have the same problem. Hair loss can be made worse iron deficiency so maybe take a good multi-vitamin and mineral or perhaps try Spatone.

LeonieD Wed 10-Sep-08 09:25:06

Message withdrawn

Lib76 Wed 10-Sep-08 09:25:53

thanks girls, will go get some multi-vits.

thegirlwiththecurl Wed 10-Sep-08 09:32:09

hi! I posted the about my post-partum hair loss last year when it was coming out in droves. Apparently no-one else could notice, but I still worried. Ten months on and my hair is fine - I never went bald or got any bald patches and the hair loss calmed down a few months ago. There's not a lot you can do about it other than reassure yourself that it won't last long and it shouldn't get too severe (easier said than done, though, i know!)

pamplemousse Wed 10-Sep-08 09:34:22

Same as LeonieD its was shocking! I dyed my hair and when was washing out the dye it was coming out in chunks, was terrfying. Fine now, although half of it is shorter than the rest!

Lib76 Wed 10-Sep-08 10:09:50

pamplemousse, that's what i did! dyed my hair (in an effort to safe money!) and my hair loss was worse! my hairdresser said it wouldn't have made it worse just appear so cause it was darker!

oh the things we do to make ourselves beautiful!! :-)

e14mum Wed 10-Sep-08 10:15:41

I currently have a lovely half-inch fringe all the way round my hairline! (dd 6m)
But it has stopped falling out in handfuls thankfully.
You're not alone

lauraloola Wed 10-Sep-08 10:30:46

My dd is 13 weeks and last week I noticed mine was falling out! It suddenly stopped on Sunday.

I do tend to have some fall out when the weather changes each year so I blamed that - I didnt even think that it could be because of dd!

hairymcleary Mon 15-Sep-08 13:15:35

Mine fell out to the extent that after I dried my hair, it looked like I had laid a lovely brown rug on the carpet!! Seriously though, I did develop a bald patch and now I'm pg again and have been diagnosed with an underactive thyroid- thyroid problems can cause hairloss, so maybe ask GP for a test... my GP doesn't know whether my thyroid was caused by this pg or by post-partum changes after DS.

PinkyDinkyDooToo Tue 16-Sep-08 21:37:21

I had really bad hair loss with DS2. He just turned one and it is still growing back and feels thin for me. Don't worry it will be fine

RaggedRobin Wed 17-Sep-08 16:00:53

me too - quite bald on top after ds. it's quite upsetting, but it did grow back. hope the same doesn't happen this time, but if it does i'll be less fearful that it's permanent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now