Talk

Advanced search

Anyone getting physio post childbirth??

(7 Posts)
Pagan Tue 22-Feb-05 14:30:14

My hip is out of alignment a bit and causing me some bother. Hopefully should all be sorted out after a few sessions. Just wondering if anyone else in similar circumstances.

Pagan Tue 22-Feb-05 18:45:10

Anyone??

Bump

Aimsmum Tue 22-Feb-05 18:48:41

Message withdrawn

1980louisiana Tue 22-Feb-05 23:26:40

Hi everyone. Im not getting phsio yet but i may need too. Ive had back problems since i first gave birth over 4 years ago. I blame it on the epidural, i was 20 when i first gave birth and i had never had a sore back up until then. I had another son nearly 2 years ago but i just took pethadine during labour as i wasnt going to chance getting an epidural again. Anyway the pain has gradually been getting worse, i actually have to get my husband to squeeze my back and it makes a cracking noise, i dont know what it is. I went to the doctors and got a blood test last thursday and this thursday im getting a lumbar spine xray so hopefully after this i`ll find out whats wrong. The pain is in the middle bit of my back too and it cracks in different places, its so weird! Has anyone else had backpain after an epidural? the doctor gave me a page of back exercises but i havent tried them yet!

MunchedTooManyMarsLady Tue 22-Feb-05 23:28:35

I did for a while after the DTs. It was the best decision I had ever made. I felt wonderful. All the bending and lifting was doing me in, and that was after the birth. My back feels great and when it feels a little rough I remember the excercises that I was taught, oh and I wouldn't be without my body pillow!

Newbarnsleygirl Tue 22-Feb-05 23:29:29

I had it with dd. It was very good and she gave me a fabulous belt device which I stuck on as soon as I got up on a morning and it stopped the pain in my back almost immeadiatley.

Pagan Wed 23-Feb-05 13:07:05

Not had any back pain from epidural, all my aches are in the pelvic area. Since the weather is so pants at the moment I'm just staying indoors and striving to do the exercises. They do seem to help a lot and like Aimsmum I had been guilty of not doing them as much as I should have (does anyone!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now