Talk

Advanced search

Active Birth Centre

(4 Posts)
ReallyTired Sun 07-Sep-08 13:05:25

What are its classes like? Would they welcome someone throughly cynical that has already given birth. I think I would take quite some convincing that birth is not going to hurt.

Are people there going to think that I was a weak minded whuzz for having an epidural with my first after being in labour for 28 hours. The whole labour lasted 33 hours in total and ended in a normal delivery.

I am interested in learning to control my breathing and avoiding complications. I am also quite interested in a water birth.

Beetroot Sun 07-Sep-08 13:06:58

I found the abc the most wonderful place to go. I went for Yoga once a week and it was a little piece of heaven.

All the people who gohave different experiences - go along

nkf Sun 07-Sep-08 13:08:08

I loved it and it's not usually my sort of place.

Renaissancewoman Sun 07-Sep-08 13:18:10

I haven't been to the active birth centre but I am planning to go as I live quite near there and am into that kind of thing, having had 2 natural births, last one at home in water and am planning another home/water birth to take place in a few weeks. I don't think they will convince you that birth won't hurt because it will, it's all about coping with the pain and to some extent accepting it and not being frightened.
I tried Viveka recently and was nice and nuturing but not really for me. The only way you'll know if the active birth centre approach is for you is to give it a try. If they in anyway judge you about your first labour, walk out the door. But I'm sure they wouldn't. I've read a few of the books etc from the ABC and they were extremely good. Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now