Talk

Advanced search

HAVEN BIRTHING SUIT, POOLE - any experiences???

(8 Posts)
Kwini Sat 06-Sep-08 10:13:33

Has anyone given birth at the midwife-led unit here who can share some experiences? I'm keen on a low-key approach to labour, but my partner wants us to be close to a hospital, so this seemed the perfect agreement. Would love to hear any reports! Thanks

Kwini Sat 06-Sep-08 10:14:11

sorry, that should be "SUITE"!

poshtottie Sat 06-Sep-08 11:01:44

I have a few friends who have all had very positive experiences here. I went to dorchester which was also very good.

Kwini Sat 06-Sep-08 11:04:01

Thanks, poshT! Was Drochester a more traditional hospital environment? And did your friends find the HS especially wonderful, compared to other places? Were there any surprises?

poshtottie Sat 06-Sep-08 11:12:02

Some of my midwives were based at Poole and were all for a more holistic birth and I know a lovely mw assistant called Linda Essex down there. I was about half way between both hospitals so I chose Dorchester as I thought it would be less busy.

A friend had a lovely waterbirth there last Tuesday. I think it all depends who you get on the day. I spent a lot of time in hospital and met some lovely and some awful midwives.

Kwini Sat 06-Sep-08 11:41:16

Ah, glad to hear that your friend had a positive experience! Also nice to know that so many midwives were supportive of a more holistic birth...

Grange Sat 06-Sep-08 21:44:15

I started to give birth in the Haven Suite but got moved to the main delivery area when things went wrong. It was good to know that help was at hand just down the corridor so did not have any upheaval at such a traumatic time. All the midwives and Drs I encountered (and there were lots!) were great and kept me fully informed or my choices throughout. Am having my next baby there in 10 weeks!

Kwini Sun 07-Sep-08 16:18:07

Grange, it's so nice to hear that the proximity came in handy when it mattered most. A shame that you couldn't stay in HBS through the whole process - best of luck for number 2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now